Need help with Patriot Viper Steel

Hello, so I was looking for a 16GB RAM dual channel kit and I found this Patriot Viper Steel 16gb RAM Dual channel 3200Mhz kit at a good price, I tried looking for a review but all of them were about overclocking, I dont care about overclocking because this will be my first gaming PC, so i just want to ask If I will be able to use it normally at 3200Mhz only by enabling XMP without any kind of manual overclocking like messing around with the voltage or anything like that. If it matters I have a B550M Aorus Elite and a r5 5600g

7 minutes ago, Albert99ps said:

Hello, so I was looking for a 16GB RAM dual channel kit and I found this Patriot Viper Steel 16gb RAM Dual channel 3200Mhz kit at a good price, I tried looking for a review but all of them were about overclocking, I dont care about overclocking because this will be my first gaming PC, so i just want to ask If I will be able to use it normally at 3200Mhz only by enabling XMP without any kind of manual overclocking like messing around with the voltage or anything like that. If it matters I have a B550M Aorus Elite and a r5 5600g

i dont really know anything about overclocking, but i think that xmp is enough.

also how much is it? (currency/country too)

Should be fine

I try to be a human, but I cannot, because I have returned to monke.

Spoiler

Hehe boi

Spoiler

POV- when it can run crysis-

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

7 minutes ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

i dont really know anything about overclocking, but i think that xmp is enough.

also how much is it? (currency/country too)

Romania, they cost 170 Ron or 35€/37$ 

In my experience, Ryzen CPUs are not picky with ram at all past 2nd gen. In the case it doesn't work stable at the 3200 speed, you can set it to 3133 or 3000 in the BIOS and it will probably work just fine

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

In my experience, Ryzen CPUs are not picky with ram at all past 2nd gen. In the case it doesn't work stable at the 3200 speed, you can set it to 3133 or 3000 in the BIOS and it will probably work just fine

Is this a problem of this specific kit, or I may have this problem with any other kit?

1 minute ago, Albert99ps said:

Is this a problem of this specific kit, or I may have this problem with any other kit?

I've used patriot viper a handful of times, it's not really something I have had issues with. Cheap Patriot memory is a staple of budget PCs in my opinion 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad