3ds XL prices vs switch prices

deadlou666
Go to solution Solved by SteveGrabowski0,

Also don't buy the normal 3DS or normal 3DS XL, the 3D is god awful and hard to keep in focus. Whereas the New 3DS and New 3DS XL have facial tracking cameras that keep the 3D effect in focus way better. Most games the 3D isn't anything special but it's actually very impressive in a few like Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Mario Kart 7, and the Mario golf game whose name I forget. Especially Mario Kart 7, the 3D is really something in that game.

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right forum subcategory, is there a reason for 3ds XL to be from £200-250 when you can get a switch for the same price, same with 2ds/3ds normal being about £100 when you can get a switch lite for around that? Wanted a 3ds for a few games I love because citra is a bit hit or miss and isn't quute the same expericance, just wanted to know if this is normal. Thanks! 

used prices for consoles that are aging fluxuate a lot.

Early in the pandemic I bought 2 3DS XL's, some GREAT games, and accessories for 150$.  Now, the console itself costs more than that.

You can either pony up the cash, or hope you score a deal somewhere.  your choice.

It makes sense that they're going up because they're only getting older but it is surprising how high they are. You can try and score some deals on something like eBay or locally if someone is just trying to dump their system. Since you're using Citra, I assume you're cool with modding the system to sail the high seas and play games that way. In that case, you could look at sites like Sendico and buy a Japanese unit for, typically, way less. You can just mod it to take the region locking off and you've got a good deal.

1 hour ago, Rhyn said:

It makes sense that they're going up because they're only getting older but it is surprising how high they are. You can try and score some deals on something like eBay or locally if someone is just trying to dump their system. Since you're using Citra, I assume you're cool with modding the system to sail the high seas and play games that way. In that case, you could look at sites like Sendico and buy a Japanese unit for, typically, way less. You can just mod it to take the region locking off and you've got a good deal.

Never thought of that! Thanks 

At least in the US used consoles went way up in price when the pandemic hit. Enough that I paid for 3/4 of my PS5's cost by selling my PS4 and Playstation TV. Back when I got my New 3DS XL in late 2017 I paid $100 for a used one with a great screen but a few cosmetic scratches on the shell. Probably also because the pawn shop I got it from seemed to not know there was a difference between a 3DS XL and a New 3DS XL. When I asked if the system they had was a New 3DS XL they looked at me like I had been smoking meth in the parking lot before coming in since it was plainly used haha. Now would probably be tough to find that kind of deal on a used New 3DS XL.

19 hours ago, Rhyn said:

Can also mod early gen Switches

Also don't buy the normal 3DS or normal 3DS XL, the 3D is god awful and hard to keep in focus. Whereas the New 3DS and New 3DS XL have facial tracking cameras that keep the 3D effect in focus way better. Most games the 3D isn't anything special but it's actually very impressive in a few like Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Mario Kart 7, and the Mario golf game whose name I forget. Especially Mario Kart 7, the 3D is really something in that game.