Fanxiang SSD

Matthew Graham
Go to solution Solved by Skipple,
1 hour ago, Matthew Graham said:

more known, however more expensive SSD

Yes, only because a (potentially) more reliable SSD can be had for not too much more. SSD prices are on a downward spiral. Keep an eye on /r/buildapcsales and you would be able to pick up a m.2 drive and enclosure for a few more bucks. 

Also, remember. A single backup of your photos is no backup at all. Remember to backup regularly and off-site.

I'm looking for an SSD to store all of my photos and videos on for my pc, is the 2TB Fanxiang SSD a good option as it is only £90/$110 on amazon. Should I but this or should I look into getting a more known, however more expensive SSD from a more know brand?

1 hour ago, Matthew Graham said:

more known, however more expensive SSD

Yes, only because a (potentially) more reliable SSD can be had for not too much more. SSD prices are on a downward spiral. Keep an eye on /r/buildapcsales and you would be able to pick up a m.2 drive and enclosure for a few more bucks. 

Also, remember. A single backup of your photos is no backup at all. Remember to backup regularly and off-site.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.