Please urgent help needed, I may have have bombed my motherboard

DazzerJ

Hey everybody,

I have a MSI gaming plus max x470 motherboard, saw there was an updated bios on msi website and flashed via m flash. Now I have no screen, I have fan spin etc etc but no output. I can't test via the onboard hdmi as I don't have an apu. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried clear CMOS, I've tried the jbat1 jumper and I've tried throwing it out the window okay not the last part but I'm closed to doing it. I stupidly I believe upgraded to a beta bios .H11 it's the latest on the website for my board anyways 馃ぃ please please help聽

Oh no not a BIOS update drama! I had something similar happen, but with my fans - was still able to boot.

Sorry about your issue. Does your motherboard have boot up error LEDs that tell you what鈥檚 happened?

Have you tried to spam DEL or F12 during power up to see if you can get back into the BIOS?

1 minute ago, Ralfi said:

Oh no not a BIOS update drama! I had something similar happen, but with my fans - was still able to boot.

Sorry about your issue. Does your motherboard have boot up error LEDs that tell you what鈥檚 happened?

Have you tried to spam DEL or F12 during power up to see if you can get back into the BIOS?

Nothing is working, I'm sitting on my floor trying to get the things to boot 馃槀 ramn debug led flashes on but then goes off, so don't think it's that. I'm just feeling super stupid flashing a beta bios to it. Though I've done it before no problem

Okay now the CPU debug is flashing on and then turning off upon start up 馃ぃ

Well tried my best, seems I've bricked the board. Well that'll teach me a lesson, ah well due an upgrade anyways聽

27 minutes ago, DazzerJ said:

Well tried my best, seems I've bricked the board. Well that'll teach me a lesson, ah well due an upgrade anyways聽

How long have you let it try to post? Some AMD boards might need a few minutes to retrain memory and reconfigure itself on the first boot up after a BIOS update.聽

You鈥檝e mentioned the CPU and DRAM leds light up and turn off, have you seen the VGA light yet?

2 minutes ago, Harmsway1283 said:

How long have you let it try to post? Some AMD boards might need a few minutes to retrain memory and reconfigure itself on the first boot up after a BIOS update.聽

You鈥檝e mentioned the CPU and DRAM leds light up and turn off, have you seen the VGA light yet?

I tried letting it post for a good 10-15 minutes and nothing, and no I haven't seen the VGA light at all. I'm pretty close to condemning the board and accept I've bricked it.聽

5 minutes ago, DazzerJ said:

I tried letting it post for a good 10-15 minutes and nothing, and no I haven't seen the VGA light at all. I'm pretty close to condemning the board and accept I've bricked it.聽

Does your CPU and DRAM lights keep cycling every 5-10 seconds? Or do does the CPU light turn on for a sec, then off, DRAM light comes on for a sec, then off, and no more lights?

When you cleared the CMOS, did you jump the battery pins and hold the power button down for 30 seconds after you turned off the PSU?

Edited by Harmsway1283

Does your CPU and DRAM lights keep cycling every 5-10 seconds? Or do does the CPU light turn on for a sec, then off, DRAM light comes on for a sec, then off, and no more lights?

Yeah bout just come on for a sec then turn off

6 minutes ago, DazzerJ said:

Yeah bout just come on for a sec then turn off

When you cleared the CMOS, did you jump the battery pins and hold the power button down for 30 seconds after you turned off the PSU?

3 minutes ago, Harmsway1283 said:

Yeah tried all of it 馃槥

2 minutes ago, DazzerJ said:

Yeah tried all of it 馃槥

Do you have one or both sticks of ram installed? It鈥檚 a longshot, but I have had motherboards that made me first time boot with a single stick after a bios or component upgrade.

Do you have one or both sticks of ram installed? It鈥檚 a longshot, but I have had motherboards that made me first time boot with a single stick after a bios or component upgrade.

Yeah tried all this also, pretty much time to condemn the board aye? Well time to go hunting for a decent board 馃ぃ

7 minutes ago, DazzerJ said:

Yeah tried all this also, pretty much time to condemn the board aye? Well time to go hunting for a decent board 馃ぃ

Yeah, I鈥檓 out of ideas聽