Finally a new build

Hey I’m finally building my new PC after a long 10 years. Wanted to a get a good pair of CPU and Mobo to go with my the 3060ti that I bought. Initially I was going to with an Intel 13600KF with a DDR4 memory since they’re going for $379.99 CAD. However since I bought the 3060ti I can’t help but this with there be a GPU bottleneck? Will I even see any benefits opting with a 13the gen? Is it worth it? Or should I just stick to a Ryzen 5600x they’re only $200 CAD since I’m going to use a DDR4 ram anyways. Is the extra 180 worth it or am I burning money because of the GPU limitations. Are there any limitations even. Also mobo and cpu suggestions are welcome. 

Budget (including currency): below 400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

hi.

you want to have a gpu bottlneck. it all depends what you want. with the 5800x you are loosing on cpu perfomance but you are saving money. you are also loosing a upgare path

2 minutes ago, AwayComet108 said:

I bought the 3060ti I can’t help but this with there be a GPU bottleneck?

Ideally you always on GPU bottleneck, it means the CPU could feed enough data to the GPU, which is the main player in gaming.

It's more of a balance thing, 3060 Ti is now considered a low mid end GPU, by performance capability, even an i3-12100 would be fine with it.

Now, since you used your old PC for like 10 years, I would say go a bit higher than necessary for the CPU, 12400F/13400F with DDR4 is a good candidate.

13600KF is fine too, but this is only a good decision if you upgrade the GPU later, like in 4 or 5 years. Go with 12400/13400 if you don't intend to upgrade your GPU unless you do a whole new PC build.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

1 minute ago, AwayComet108 said:

Hey I’m finally building my new PC after a long 10 years. Wanted to a get a good pair of CPU and Mobo to go with my the 3060ti that I bought. Initially I was going to with an Intel 13600KF with a DDR4 memory since they’re going for $379.99 CAD. However since I bought the 3060ti I can’t help but this with there be a GPU bottleneck? Will I even see any benefits opting with a 13the gen? Is it worth it? Or should I just stick to a Ryzen 5600x they’re only $200 CAD since I’m going to use a DDR4 ram anyways. Is the extra 180 worth it or am I burning money because of the GPU limitations. Are there any limitations even. Also mobo and cpu suggestions are welcome. 

Budget (including currency): below 400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

your always gonna have a bottlneck no matter what so i recommend that you go with the 12600k or the 5700x. also if you wanna go with teh r5 5600 npn x

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

I think a Ryzen 7000 series CPU would be best as that has a upgrade path and X series motherboard seem to have a longer compatibility lifespan.
You''ll be able to upgrade the GPU quitte easely in the future to a "5060" (if that wil ever exist but you get the point) so I think spending more on a better CPU will proift you in the long run and not hold you back when upgrading

17 hours ago, Ls_2011 said:

I think a Ryzen 7000 series CPU would be best as that has a upgrade path and X series motherboard seem to have a longer compatibility lifespan.
You''ll be able to upgrade the GPU quitte easely in the future to a "5060" (if that wil ever exist but you get the point) so I think spending more on a better CPU will proift you in the long run and not hold you back when upgrading

I wanted to go with AMD initially but its only compatible with DDR5 memory 😩😩