Windows 11 Log-In Error 0x80280013

AndyMarz

Whenever I try to wake my system from sleep and try to log in with pin then I receive this error.
"Something went wrong and your pin isn't available( code: 0x80280013)."

Observations:

(a) I had another windows user account which I don't actually use but when I get this error on my primary user account and I try to switch user and log in to the 2nd account, surprisingly I don't get this login error while the primary account still shows the error and wont let me log in.

(b) This doesn't happens every time I wake up the system from sleep, its inconsistent.

Here's what all I have tried already:

(1) Good Old Trick - Immediate fix is restarting the system but then you lose your current work too and waste of time as well.

(2) Tried uninstalling (rollback) recent windows updates and the problem went away for 1-2 days but the login error returned.

#Solutions from the web that didn't worked:

(3) Using regedit -  the value is already set to 0 for 'DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion'

(4) Deleting the NGC folder in C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft - result:Unable to delete the folder.
This didn't work because accessing the 'NGC' folder would give admin permission prompt, and even when I changed permissions (folder options> security> advanced security settings>...) it still had multiple nested folders inside NGC folder and each of them require manually changing admin permission settings. so i gave up after 5-6 folders.

Tried deleting the folder using cmd as well but didn't work - (icacls C:WindowsServiceProfilesLocalServiceAppDataLocalMicrosoftNgc /T /Q /C /RESET) - result:Failed Processing 3 files

(5) Fast startup was already disabled in power options

(6) TPM is already configured

yet to try deleting the NGC folder in safe mode.

if anyone has more idea about this issue and probable solutions apart from the above mentioned, then please share.

Thanks

Have you changed the PIN ?

if you have not then try doing that as when you login to your MS account and reset/change of your pin will resync all the data.

this is probably just Windows 11 being Windows 11, aka a buggy OS. 

maybe move your stuff over to the other unaffected account and just use that one going forward? 

She/Her

2 hours ago, Ashley MLP Fangirl said:

this is probably just Windows 11 being Windows 11, aka a buggy OS. 

maybe move your stuff over to the other unaffected account and just use that one going forward? 

yeah that's what i was thinking too