Good used VR gear

_Omega_

I wanted to look a bit into VR, but due to lack of time i dont want to spend to much on it, so i thought "why not go used?".

But the problem remains that i dont know much of anything about VR, so i turning to you. Which "older" headset makes sense?

My budget would be around 500 euro (i am a bit flexible there, but i still dont want to spend to much extra) and i just want to try some games like half life alyx or maybe also beat sabre etc. ...

just to note, i am short sighted but i dont know if that makes a difference for vr....

A meta quest 2 would be fine if your not gonna be spending all that much on it. If you wear glasses because of the short sighted just wear them with the headset as well and ull be fine

1 minute ago, Marvel 563 said:

oculus quest 2?

It's a meta quest new bc meta 🙄

unless you're already deep up Mark Zuck's bumhole  I'd steer clear of Oculus/Meta stuff.  I looked at your profile you got quite a beefy rig.  You could go tethered to start.  You can pick up the OG HTC Vive for about half of what your budget is.  Then also that way you're on your way to building a better setup (like with the Index) cause all the parts all work with one another.

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

13 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

unless you're already deep up Mark Zuck's bumhole

Id rather stay away from zucks bumhole as far as i can... #

14 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

You could go tethered to start.  You can pick up the OG HTC Vive for about half of what your budget is.  Then also that way you're on your way to building a better setup (like with the Index) cause all the parts all work with one another.

Soulds like a good idea, ill look out for good offers on ebay

I'm still happy with my first-gen HTC Vive. 🤷‍♂️

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

10 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Yeah same man.  I used to have the Oculus but gave that to my girlfriend (cause she's already got Facebook) and got a second hand Vive for basically peanuts.  It's a great headset

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

On 3/18/2023 at 8:08 AM, Needfuldoer said:

Agreed. First gen vive should be cheap and give you an upgrade path as the controllers and lighthouses should work with newer vive headsets as well as Index and Pimax/other Lighthouse based headsets.

5 hours ago, _Omega_ said:

Already ordered a used full kit for 260 on ebay 😅

You won't be disappointed man.  You could even go wireless with the headset and still be under your original 500 euro budget