My Pc connection crashes every time i start playing a game

GioPitti

Hello, i have an HP Pavillion 510-p134nl a desktop pc, since a couple weeks ago ive started having some serious problems. 

My pc does not have problems navigating internet, it's not a problem of my connection even if it's not a gigabit usually gives me 30-40 ms on discord ,it can support online gaming.

At first, i was playing overwatch 2 while on discord and the ping would skyrocket to 5k causing me to crash from the client while the game would still run or it will disconnect me from the server causing me to log in again.

But after some tries it would stabilize and i could play online while on discord. This would happen not only on overwatch 2 but also on cities skylines.

After some days it became worse it started to crash every single time i tried to enter the game at the same time it would crash from discord so i started to troubleshoot the problem trying:

• updating the drivers not only the ones for the network connection 
  • uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers
  • flushing the dns 
  • connecting via Ethernet 
  • cleaning the pc also reseating the network hardware 
  • rebooting the router 
  • formatting the pc

With most of them i solved nothing but i found out that for some reason the connection would crash even if Ethernet this would leave the pc on wireless. 
This issue happened not only in OW 2 an Cities Skylines but also on Saint's Row 4 in co-op and even Euro Truck Sim 2 where it would disconnect me from my friend's server but not discord (they could hear me well) reconnecting after some time.

I don't know what to do, i hope someone can help me solve this problem thanks in advance

It seems that the issue might be related to discord somehow. Have you tried playing online with Discord closed?

-edit-

As well as trying that, i'd also update your BIOS as well.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

2 minutes ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

It seems that the issue might be related to discord somehow. Have you tried playing online with Discord closed?

Yes i tried playing with nothing but the game open and it did not change still crashed 

Just now, GioPitti said:

Yes i tried playing with nothing but the game open and it did not change still crashed 

Try updating your BIOS, see how you get on

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

47 minutes ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Try updating your BIOS, see how you get on

Just ended the BIOS update, nope the problem is still there 

Have you got any other devices to check your wi-fi stability? There are ping apps on apple store + play store. I'd run ping 8.8.8.8 -t in CMD on another device and see if when the network performance drop happens on your PC that it happens or doesn't happen on your other device. We just want to rule out your router basically.

So i used https://ping.canbeuseful.com/en#ping while i was running  the game on the other pc and i made it crash various times and it gave me this the first chart were i can't see the times where it crashed, i tried to look to the other screen when it crashed and the ping was almost the same as when there was not a crash, the second chart is a test where i was connected on discord but did not try to enter the game.

screen ping.png

screen ping idle.png