Dell Fan Control

Go to solution Solved by dragonhart6505,
9 minutes ago, AinzOoalGownSama said:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6440HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.60 GHz

yeah...ok...you're system will do absolutely fine with that pad and its software lmfao. last comment had me about to change my remedy to throwing it back at your e-waste friend. definitely give it a fresh coat of paste, i'm not sure how long you've had it or if your friend had already had that taken care of but if heat is the issue definitely take care of that first. good ol' kryonaut would probably be overkill, but Best Buy has some very decent Corsair TM30 that is only a few bucks for a tube that would go well across half a dozen systems use if you want a quick pick-up. loved the stuff on my Lenovo Legion 5 with a toasty running Ryzen 5 4600H

Hello First time joining LTT Forums...but long time watching LTT...but I would like to know if anyone has a way to edit fan control for the Dell Latitude E5570...i hardly hear the fan go off at all...and I know it's not going at full speed when it starts to thermal throttle the laptop when I'm watching ironically LTT and JayzTwoCents at 4K...edit: might as well add that I'm also learning how to DJ and even though this laptop can run the software...with long sessions (30 minutes or more) this laptop is Hot AF and very sluggish...

Edited by AinzOoalGownSama
More info

26 minutes ago, AinzOoalGownSama said:

Hello First time joining LTT Forums...but long time watching LTT...but I would like to know if anyone has a way to edit fan control for the Dell Latitude E5570...i hardly hear the fan go off at all...and I know it's not going at full speed when it starts to thermal throttle the laptop when I'm watching ironically LTT and JayzTwoCents at 4K...edit: might as well add that I'm also learning how to DJ and even though this laptop can run the software...with long sessions (30 minutes or more) this laptop is Hot AF and very sluggish...

HWinfo has dell fan control support. 

1 minute ago, SiliconMagician said:

HWinfo has dell fan control support. 

HWInfo???

you're gonna wanna repaste the cooler on the CPU by the sounds of it. if at full-tilt the fans aren't cooling it well enough, then there is no fan control software that will help you.

now im curious though...are you learning to be a Disc Jockey or are you learning to make/record music/vocals, because they are very different things and the software i am personally aware of for those use cases are very different from each other as are their processing requirements. mixing tracks and syncing edits and that stuff...that wouldn't necessarily ask too much from the system to slow it down that hard. live input from microphones/instruments/midi/compression equipment and the software controlling plugins and extra compression and stuff like that would absolutely rip your computer a new hole during long periods, however.

1 minute ago, dragonhart6505 said:

you're gonna wanna repaste the cooler on the CPU by the sounds of it. if at full-tilt the fans aren't cooling it well enough, then there is no fan control software that will help you.

These Dell Latitudes run hot and loud usually, especially when equipped with the high tdp quad cores like the ivy bridge 45 watt models found in my E6530, and it has a brand new fan and NT-H2 thermal paste.

6 minutes ago, SiliconMagician said:

These Dell Latitudes run hot and loud usually, especially when equipped with the high tdp quad cores like the ivy bridge 45 watt models found in my E6530, and it has a brand new fan and NT-H2 thermal paste.

ivy bridge?! mate...the only reference to OPs Latitude e5570 i can find is running Skylake...that's where my remedy recommendation and inquiry came from. if they're system is THAT old, i instead recommend saving about $300 and get anything in the last 2-3 years

16 minutes ago, dragonhart6505 said:

now im curious though...are you learning to be a Disc Jockey or are you learning to make/record music/vocals, because they are very different things and the software i am personally aware of for those use cases are very different from each other as are their processing requirements. mixing tracks and syncing edits and that stuff...that wouldn't necessarily ask too much from the system to slow it down that hard. live input from microphones/instruments/midi/compression equipment and the software controlling plugins and extra compression and stuff like that would absolutely rip your computer a new hole during long periods, however.

hmmm...possible...I haven't done that I got this laptop for free from a friend that works at a E-waste place...turns out if someone locks their bios and forgets their password...they buy a new laptop instead of googling how to fix said problem...so I fixed it and added new ram and SSD...but didn't think about new thermal paste...and live mixing with a Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500

edit: what thermal paste would you guys recommend...i'm thinking thermal grisly  

3 minutes ago, dragonhart6505 said:

ivy bridge?! mate...the only reference to OPs Latitude e5570 i can find is running Skylake...

9 minutes ago, AinzOoalGownSama said:

yeah...ok...you're system will do absolutely fine with that pad and its software lmfao. last comment had me about to change my remedy to throwing it back at your e-waste friend. definitely give it a fresh coat of paste, i'm not sure how long you've had it or if your friend had already had that taken care of but if heat is the issue definitely take care of that first. good ol' kryonaut would probably be overkill, but Best Buy has some very decent Corsair TM30 that is only a few bucks for a tube that would go well across half a dozen systems use if you want a quick pick-up. loved the stuff on my Lenovo Legion 5 with a toasty running Ryzen 5 4600H

3 minutes ago, dragonhart6505 said:

yeah...ok...you're system will do absolutely fine with that software lmfao. last comment had me about to change my remedy to throwing it back at your e-waste friend. definitely give it a fresh coat of paste, i'm not sure how long you've had it or if your friend had already had that taken care of but if heat is the issue definitely take care of that first. good ol' kryonaut would probably be overkill, but Best Buy has some very decent Corsair TM30 that is only a few bucks for a tube that would go well across half a dozen systems use if you want a quick pick-up. loved the stuff on my Lenovo Legion 5 with a toasty running Ryzen 5 4600H

For sure i will reapply the thermal paste and see if it gets better....

17 minutes ago, AinzOoalGownSama said:

edit: what thermal paste would you guys recommend...i'm thinking thermal grisly  

You want something with a high breakdown temp, something at least 100C otherwise the thermal paste will break down and not be very thermally conductive. I used nt-h2 and a year later it performed just as it always did. Make sure you get enough for both the CPU and GPU (if your laptop has a dGPU)

15 minutes ago, SiliconMagician said:

You want something with a high breakdown temp, something at least 100C otherwise the thermal paste will break down and not be very thermally conductive. I used nt-h2 and a year later it performed just as it always did. Make sure you get enough for both the CPU and GPU (if your laptop has a dGPU)

good to know...with the amount of gaming pc's I've built I didn't know this bit of info

Okay so the thermal paste was all kinds of dry and krusty...so new paste did the trick of no thermal throttling and the fan kicking in but oh man is the air coming from the vent hella hot lol, also wanted to add that now i need a new display because now it's flickering...but then again the laptop was free...

4 hours ago, AinzOoalGownSama said:

Okay so the thermal paste was all kinds of dry and krusty...so new paste did the trick of no thermal throttling and the fan kicking in but oh man is the air coming from the vent hella hot lol, also wanted to add that now i need a new display because now it's flickering...but then again the laptop was free...

Glad to hear mate! Yeah, Skylake was not the coolest of Intel generations that’s for sure 😅 If using on a desk/table it’ll be a good idea to keep the bottom propped up for ventilation.

As for the screen, that’s a bit of a bummer. Could always use it over HDMI and add a m+k like a docked PC but that won’t do much for its portability.

Just free-PC things haha. Good luck and enjoy!