Which AIO for 13700kf?

No name.
Go to solution Solved by RevGAM,
1 hour ago, No name. said:

bought Deepcool LS720. I guess that one is good. Its not my system. its for a customer but I heard that 13700kf is burning on full load so I was trying to find something to cool that. its a 4070ti system

Not the best but certainly a good choice.

is TH360 good? 13700kf is a 253tdp cpu so I need something very powerful right

Eh, for max boosting on all cores at all times, sure.  But with a normal load a 240 will work too.  Don't pay too much mind to specific models or brands, so long as they are not 'known bad' ones that may be prone to leak.  There aren't very many of those, though.  A 280 might be more appropriate as they are significantly stronger than 240s but usually only cost a little more.  90% of any cooler's cooling ability is pure thermodynamics.  Most of them use the same pumps as each other anyway, so again, specific models don't really matter very much, outside of the size and thickness of the radiator and how fast the pump can go, though you really don't wanna be running most pumps at full speed anyway,

The 'best' 140mm AiO on the planet is still gonna get stomped by a cheap 240 and likewise on up the chain.

This 280 is actually surprisingly cheap for having good fixtures and relatively good thermal performance.  The radiator is thinner than some others, but with 280mm on the vertical surface it's still got a lot of volume:

ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW X 76.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (FROSTFLOW X 280) - PCPartPicker

It would cool a 13700kf quite well.

Though frankly, what are you using the 13700kf for anyway?  the 13500 is a lot cooler chip that will do 99% of tasks pretty much the same and costs way less.  It also has an iGPU.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

Almost all brands are made by the same OEM Asatek. @Queen Chrysalis has the right idea 240mm is the sweet spot. It has the best compatibility, and most people don't need more than the thermal capacity a slim 240 has.

Though if you can go for a 280 or 360 and the price isn't that different, I'd say why not. That said, again, the 240mm is the most compatible and will be more reusable in the future. Beyond that, it mostly comes down to price and desire for aesthetics. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

On 3/13/2023 at 4:44 PM, Queen Chrysalis said:

Eh, for max boosting on all cores at all times, sure.  But with a normal load a 240 will work too.  Don't pay too much mind to specific models or brands, so long as they are not 'known bad' ones that may be prone to leak.  There aren't very many of those, though.  A 280 might be more appropriate as they are significantly stronger than 240s but usually only cost a little more.  90% of any cooler's cooling ability is pure thermodynamics.  Most of them use the same pumps as each other anyway, so again, specific models don't really matter very much, outside of the size and thickness of the radiator and how fast the pump can go, though you really don't wanna be running most pumps at full speed anyway,

The 'best' 140mm AiO on the planet is still gonna get stomped by a cheap 240 and likewise on up the chain.

This 280 is actually surprisingly cheap for having good fixtures and relatively good thermal performance.  The radiator is thinner than some others, but with 280mm on the vertical surface it's still got a lot of volume:

ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW X 76.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (FROSTFLOW X 280) - PCPartPicker

It would cool a 13700kf quite well.

Though frankly, what are you using the 13700kf for anyway?  the 13500 is a lot cooler chip that will do 99% of tasks pretty much the same and costs way less.  It also has an iGPU.

bought Deepcool LS720. I guess that one is good. Its not my system. its for a customer but I heard that 13700kf is burning on full load so I was trying to find something to cool that. its a 4070ti system

1 hour ago, No name. said:

Not the best but certainly a good choice.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂