Where to find RGB cherry mx switches in europe ?

papajo

So they are supposed to german? I hope not cause I really cant find them lol 

I only found 1 store but they issue is they seem to be to much expensive https://www.reichelt.de/gr/en/cherry-mx-blue-rgb-keyswitch-cherry-mx1a-e1na-p258096.html?&nbc=1

Like I need 500 to bring the cost down to 61 cent?  that should be the cost for 1 lol its 3small pieces of plastic a spring and 2 small laminas..  

Anyway that is not the only issue the issue is that some RGB labelled switches are clear which is what I expect (in order to allow the led light to pass through e.g

CHERRY MX Blue RGB - Keyswitch CHERRY MX1A-E1NA

But some others (from the same store cherry mx originals labelled as RGB ) are not completely clear but rather have the bottom half not being clear like this 

CHERRY MX Speed Silver RGB pushbutton module CHERRY MX1A-51NACHERRY MX Silent Red RGB - Keyswitch CHERRY MX3A-L1NA

So I went to aliexpress where the prices (for at least alledged original cherry MX) are much more reasonable but they have the same issue (They are dont have a completely clear "housing" ) 

image.png.0c82bef01cb100b0b91e9ba45b70e136.png

The botton half clearly isnt see through and ALL the aliexpress listings I checked for original cherry mx rgb switches are like this wthat's going on? I mean wont that bottom half (which doesnt seem to be transparent)  obscure RGB lighting? 

So my issue is not just with price (because even in the only german shop I found them and in which they are expensive not all switches seem to be fully transparent... )  

i would like you to help me out in determining 

1) Wont it be problematic for the bottom of the housing not being transparent as in the pictures? 
2) Where can I find completely clear cherry mx switches in europe or anywhere else where the price is reasonable (I want to buy like 400 to 600 switches) 

8 minutes ago, papajo said:

1) Wont it be problematic for the bottom of the housing not being transparent as in the pictures? 

The housings being clear does matter in maximum RGB coverage, but in general, a lot of the light can easily come through purely from the keyholes on the top and bottom housing. Example of what im talking about can be observed on the top-bottom housing of the JWK Ultimate Black. Notice the emptied notch at the bottom of this picture.

Jual JWK / JWICK Ultimate Black Switch (Linear 62g - PCB Mount) - Kota  Semarang - Mechanical Keyboards | Tokopedia

If you just want to go all out on RGB but without completely making the typing experience feel like crap, i highly recommend you to get either Akko Crystal or Everglide Aqua King V3. But thats just few of clear switches im pointing out in specific, any Polycarbonate transparent housing switches can radiate a hell of a lot of RGB, just mind the color shifts on the housing that are tinted like in Ajazz x Huano Diced Fruit lineup for example.

18 minutes ago, papajo said:

I only found 1 store but they issue is they seem to be to much expensive

Cherry usually sits at the middle of the pack for per-switch costs, but to me the bang for the bucks have always been in the 70 cents or lower per switch. So shop around those range if youre looking for a switch upgrades or entry to the hobby.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

ly come through purely from the keyholes on the top and bottom housing

They don't seem to have such keyholes but I assume that their will be shorter on the south side where the LEDs usually are 

Does this mean that other cherry keys that are not labelled as RGB will allow light to come from the "side" of them ? I mean if you exclude the transparent housing they look otherwise identical in dimensions and contours etc. 

CHERRY MX Blue RGB - Keyswitch CHERRY MX1A-E1NA CHERRY MX Green - button Module - Snap-on Mount CHERRY MX1A-F1NN

1 hour ago, papajo said:

Does this mean that other cherry keys that are not labelled as RGB will allow light to come from the "side" of them

As long as the bottom and top housing have an open keyholes yeah. But do be noted that the width of it varies so sometimes a switch would have better or worse RGB brightness. But opaque and transparent housing pretty much guarantees that itll come from all around the housing and not just from 1 hole.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.