Anno 1800 crashes my PC

Pikatchu
Go to solution Solved by Pikatchu,

Recently Jayz2cents have published a video regarding his own gaming machine, he is having EXPO issue with an Asus board as well.

This is safe to say it is a motherboard BIOS issue.

After a month of using Ryzen 7900X with Asus B650E-F motherboard, I have faced some issues when started playing Anno 1800.

Before I started playing Anno 1800, my computer worked fine without any issues. Even so when playing other games, only Anno 1800 is crashing my computer.

EDIT: Now even when sitting on desktop, it will restart itself randomly.

The crash is weird... it behaves as if someone hit the power button/reset switch, more details below:

1) By checking event viewer, no "error" or "critical" items are shown before the "unexpected shut down".

2) By checking reliability history, the only error shown is "unexpected shut down" as well, no other details.

3) Motherboard's bios is updated to the latest, bios version 1222.

4) AMD Expo settings on AUTO, Profile 1 and Profile 2.

5) I have tried using a 1660TI for GPU testing.

6) I have tried swapping out the PSU for PSU testing.

7) Memtest86 and windows mem test returns no error.

EDIT:

8) Removed my GPU to see if possibly power limited by my PSU, still crashes on desktop.

9) Tests my RAM sticks one by one, still crashes. Though no surprises, Mem82 test passed, just for insanity check.

Things that I tried that seem to be working:

1) I have manually set voltage and CPU frequency to 1.25V and 5.4Ghz. It no longer crashes every time, but still does sometimes.

EDIT:

2) I have tried setting PBO to use Motherboard's specification. I no longer crashes from idling, but still crashes from Anno.

I am all out of ideas, and my return period is already passed.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

FULL SPECS:

Noctua NH-D15 
AMD Ryzen 9 7900x
2x16G 6000mhz CL36
Asus B650E-F
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Seasonic Focus PX-750

Crucial P1 1TB

Crucial P3P 1TB

Crucial P3P 4TB

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

Meant to edit OP...

Couldn't delete this, I have edited this message.

Microcenter have honored me an exchange even though it is passed their return policy.

With the new set, CPU motherboard RAM, the system is now running fine.

Though, at the rated RAM speed of 6000mhz, the system is still not as responsive as my old 5800x system. By dropping the ram speed to 5200mhz, the system behaves much better.

After some digging, this seems to be a known issue for Ryzen 7000. Where the motherboard is asking for 6000mhz ram speed, the CPU memory controller is having difficulty to hit that speed. This can be seen by long memory training on EVERY system boot up.

I am deciding if I exchange to Intel 13th Generation... Not much issues have been reported for the 13th gen. Or, I may be wrong.

Recently Jayz2cents have published a video regarding his own gaming machine, he is having EXPO issue with an Asus board as well.

This is safe to say it is a motherboard BIOS issue.