Using unpopulated USB C headers

JackTrade

Hey y'all, I was looking over my system and realized I have an unpopulated front panel USB C header, but i don't have a case with front panel USB C. Are there any PCI slot cards out there that can take the header and put it out the back near the rear IO, so I can at least use that extra set of USB for something like a USB C hub? Motherboard is a B650M-A WIFI and the case is a Corsair 280X Crystal if that helps at all, as well as a GPU that takes up two slots. This is part of the reason I'm reluctant to use a typical PCIE-to-USB C card, so I don't choke out any airflow to the card from the PCB getting in the way.

26 minutes ago, JackTrade said:

Hey y'all, I was looking over my system and realized I have an unpopulated front panel USB C header, but i don't have a case with front panel USB C. Are there any PCI slot cards out there that can take the header and put it out the back near the rear IO, so I can at least use that extra set of USB for something like a USB C hub? Motherboard is a B650M-A WIFI and the case is a Corsair 280X Crystal if that helps at all, as well as a GPU that takes up two slots. This is part of the reason I'm reluctant to use a typical PCIE-to-USB C card, so I don't choke out any airflow to the card from the PCB getting in the way.

https://www.amazon.com/GRAUGEAR-Extension-Profile-Bracket-G-AD-ETC-10G/dp/B09YRMQT1F/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2KRZFW8AI0O37&keywords=Type+E+to+usb+c&qid=1678352268&sprefix=type+e+to+usb+c%2Caps%2C315&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.com/MZHOU-Extension-Internal-Adapter-Screw-57/dp/B083FRW542/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2KRZFW8AI0O37&keywords=Type+E+to+usb+c&qid=1678352268&sprefix=type+e+to+usb+c%2Caps%2C315&sr=8-3

There's also adapters that turns Type E to USB3 header if you ever need one for some reason.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

you're a life saver, thanks so much! literally had spent an hour searching with no dice before. i also now know the proper name for that type of header which is a bonus.

6 minutes ago, JackTrade said:

you're a life saver, thanks so much! literally had spent an hour searching with no dice before. i also now know the proper name for that type of header which is a bonus.

Haha ya, not many people know the header name.
I just use "Internal USB C header" back then.

Also, in case you don't know.
If you don't quote their post or tag their name (example : @JackTrade), most often peoples here won't notice that you replied to their post.

There should be a ton of options at Aliexpress, since the ones in Amazon practically mostly sold by companies in Aliexpress too.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.