Home Theatre Setup for Rental Building

Hello everyone,

I'm a Property Manager in Calgary, Canada and we're looking to purchase and TV and speakers for one of the social lounges in the building I manage. Home theatre is not something I have any knowledge of, so reaching out for some advice.

Here is is some of the basic information. 

The room - it's a large concrete wall room and two walls are floor to ceiling glass, well over 15ft ceilings, probably close to 20-25ft I would say.

The budget - I don't have a concrete budget but I'm not looking to overspend here for features that we don't need.

Why? - We're looking to add something we can do resident events with (we have 369 units in our high rise building) so movie nights around holidays, game day parties, regular children's movie nights. 

What we need - 4K TV (preferably OLED) that is at least 75 inches but the bigger the better, some additional sound system based on the size of the room, something that we can stream Disney, Netflix and Amazon Prime from and is also compatible with a Fire Stick. 

Any advice would be wonderful! 

Thanks everyone! 

samsung has a line of business TV's, they're basicly just like their normal TV's, but instead of 4 HDMI ports and a TV tuner they have one HDMI port, a DVI port, a VGA port, etc.

besides that the OS (which still supports your movie service apps just the same) is more tailored to fit a meeting room or common room. there's also a bunch of management options like auto startup in the morning, pulling images from a file share to display information (for example, cycling trough images about the upcoming events), auto shutdown in the evening, etc.

if i recall, they exist up to 95 inch, but past 75 the price sort of raises exponentionally. i've never seen a 95 inch one in person, but i've heard 5-figure pricetags being thrown around, but i've personally seen the 75 inch ones quoted as low as 2K. (business stuff, so quotes, not shelf prices.)

Once you get into 75/85in sizes OLED offerings start getting pretty slim. For a communal TV I’d go for a miniLED backlit one; Costco’s got some Sony X80K and X90Ks and Samsung QN90Bs on sale, and there won’t be any concerns with someone leaving the TV on a static image all weekend and burning it in, just less to worry about on a device that, let’s be honest, might get a little abused. The X90K is a sweet TV that’s super bright and Sony’s processing is excellent, and with miniLED you still get excellent contrast and better results in a bright room with bigass windows. 

As far as sound goes, I’d strongly recommend finding a way to wire in speakers to hook up to an AVR. You won’t want to go wireless in a pretty busy wireless environment like a hirise, and a soundbar’s not going to fill that room. This honestly might be a professional job considering you might be considering some automation, like window shades and lighting and such too, but if you’re going to do it yourself I’d want a receiver with hdmi-earc so the TV can still control the whole setup pretty seamlessly. The big windows/concrete everything is going to make the soundstage a mess though, without some sound deadening treatments.