GPU won't work after I insert the ram

Obextron
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,

Perhaps the RAM is faulty?

Anybody know what could be the issue here? Gpu won't work(there's no power to gpu and fans don't spin either) when I insert the ram. Gpu powers on and fans spin when I remove the ram completely but there's no display after removing the ram. Tried swapping the slots still the same issue. Sometimes when the ram is inserted, the pc won't power on at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

Gigabyte B365m Gaming Hd

I5-9400f

Rx 6600XT Sapphire Pulse 

Lexar 8gb 2666mhz

Corsair Tx650 PSU

Ye my first thought would be RAM is broken.

Mainboard is running POST on startup and stops after detecting damaged or faulty RAM.

Test the RAM and/or the GPU on a different mainboard if you have access to a different PC with a compatible mobo to determine whether the fault lies with RAM/GPU or MOBO

This is where POST LEDs on newer motherboards come in. I have a feeling if this board had one, its hard to tell without testing a second set of hardware otherwise. Its unfortunate you got an f SKU CPU since you can't just remove the GPU to eliminate variables.

You'd be better off getting a newer DDR4 platform like a Ryzen 5600 than a kit of RAM to test IMO.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Thanks guys, got my ram checked and turned out it was short circuited, Idk how it happened lol but I got it replaced.