Pc build help, cpu Cooler

rxtr113t
Go to solution Solved by PDifolco,
5 minutes ago, rxtr113t said:

Hey I'm  planning a new pc build and I think about  reusing some of my old parts, I want to reuse my kraken x63 280mm that is currently on i7 8700k and on B365M H motherboard.

And I think about using it on a i9 13900k and on GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX motherboard.

First of all would the cooler be enough to tame the beast with a mild undervolt? And if so is the mounting to the motherboard would be the same or do I need to order some extra parts for it? 

The case would be CORSAIR 5000D AIRFLOW if that have any relevancy. 

It's my first real build from scratch so I'm kinda new to this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

280mm AIO will be ok on a 13900k, maybe limit power to 200W via undervolt indeed

As you certainly have an old cooler model you'd need a LGA1700 bracket thing from NZXT

Hey I'm  planning a new pc build and I think about  reusing some of my old parts, I want to reuse my kraken x63 280mm that is currently on i7 8700k and on B365M H motherboard.

And I think about using it on a i9 13900k and on GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX motherboard.

First of all would the cooler be enough to tame the beast with a mild undervolt? And if so is the mounting to the motherboard would be the same or do I need to order some extra parts for it? 

5 minutes ago, rxtr113t said:

280mm AIO will be ok on a 13900k, maybe limit power to 200W via undervolt indeed

As you certainly have an old cooler model you'd need a LGA1700 bracket thing from NZXT

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Thank you, I found the exact bracket I need to buy now.