8 Display GPU

Hey Guys, I'm looking into setting up a wall of screens, 8 to be exact, and I have a question concerning  the AMD FirePro 2450 GPU (http://tinyurl.com/k9rloq3).

I was wondering since I want to drive 8 displays, would not being able to crossfire them be an issue? Could I just run two in a single pc each driving four screens?

Thanks, your help as always is much appreciated.

CPU: Intel i7 3750k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Poor MotherbordGigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H   GPU: EVGA GTX 650 ti |

Power Supply: Seasonic 650W G series | Monitor: HKC2612A Keyboard: Corsair K60  | Mouse: Func-MS3 Headset : Sony MDR - V6

You should be able to run multiple screens from each GPU without crossfire, yes. I've never done it myself, so I'm not 100% sure how it works. 

Hey Guys, I'm looking into setting up a wall of screens, 8 to be exact, and I have a question concerning  the AMD FirePro 2450 GPU (http://tinyurl.com/k9rloq3).

I was wondering since I want to drive 8 displays, would not being able to crossfire them be an issue? Could I just run two in a single pc each driving four screens?

Thanks, your help as always is much appreciated.

No, not crossfiring them would not be an issue, as long as you realize that you'd only be able to utilize one of the GPU's for a given activity/program.

Having them both driving 4 displays should work fine!

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

that card you linked can only go up to a max of 4 screens.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

that card you linked can only go up to a max of 4 screens.

He said he'll crossfire it

yes this will work for a workstation on 8 screens, get two of these GPU's (they run 4 screens each) and you should be good to go!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

He said he'll crossfire it

He said the exact opposite. lol

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

He said the exact opposite. lol

He didn't. He asked if it would be an issue, but he also said: 'Could I just run two in a single pc each driving four screens?'

He didn't. He asked if it would be an issue, but he also said: 'Could I just run two in a single pc each driving four screens?'

Yeah, he asked if not running them in crossfire would be an issue, seeing as that card doesn't support crossfire :P

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Thanks guys, you're all beautiful people.

any reason for this GPU?

No, was just the first I found for sale in the UK that could drive 4 displays for not much money and without buying tons of adapters

CPU: Intel i7 3750k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Poor MotherbordGigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H   GPU: EVGA GTX 650 ti |

Power Supply: Seasonic 650W G series | Monitor: HKC2612A Keyboard: Corsair K60  | Mouse: Func-MS3 Headset : Sony MDR - V6

Thanks guys, you're all beautiful people.

No, was just the first I found for sale in the UK that could drive 4 displays for not much money and without buying tons of adapters

If you don't need the workstation aspect of it, look at the Rx series cards from AMD. Most (if not all) of them can drive 6 displays (so long as they have enough connectors). 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-Dual-X-Radeon-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B00FL8H49Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399437613&sr=8-1&keywords=r9+270x

Two of those will run your 8 displays, and then if you want to game, you can crossfire them and play on the displays you have connected to one of the cards and get pretty decent performance as well. If you don't care about gaming, you could step down to a R7 260 or something. You might need a couple passive adapters, depending on what your monitors are, but nothing expensive and it will still be cheaper (and have better performance in basically everything) than that "professional" card. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC