Sound Proofing Large Appliance.

Ganthos

I was thinking about soundproofing my Mini fridge and was wondering if I put a cover over the back of the fridge where the tank is if it would overheat and tear up!!?

Can be found on my profiIe

I was thinking about soundproofing my Mini fridge and was wondering if I put a cover over the back of the fridge where the tank is if it would overheat and tear up!!?

This is one appliance you should not soundproof. There are systems in place, whether as simple as insulation or certain materials, that are there to prevent overheating, temperature control, and so forth.

So no, I wouldn't. As far as soundproofing other appliances, go right ahead. You won't have any problems.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

This is one appliance you should not soundproof. There are systems in place, whether as simple as insulation or certain materials, that are there to prevent overheating, temperature control, and so forth.

So no, I wouldn't. As far as soundproofing other appliances, go right ahead. You won't have any problems.

Thank you, you think moving it into a closet and leaving it running would be dangerous as well?

Can be found on my profiIe

Thank you, you think moving it into a closet and leaving it running would be dangerous as well?

Nope, not at all.

As I mentioned above, there are systems in place to assess, maintain, and moderate temperatures, overheating, and so forth. So as far as keeping it in a closet, that's no problem. The insulation will do its job. It's when you open it up and start adding/changing things that it doesn't like.

So yeah, just throw it into the closet and you're good to go. You can have it running 24/7 for 5 years straight with no problem. At least none that would be the fault of the closet.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.