New pc running hot

BenAllen6
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

First off, don't use F for PC measurements, everything you'll see is talked about in Celsius and everyone on here understands Celsius. You're basically just asking us to go and find a F to C converter to understand what's being said. 

Converting them myself, they're about 37C and 50C respectively. That's a bit on the warm side, but you're also in Florida where the ambient temp is about 7C hotter than what most people talk about, so those temps do make sense. 

I have the H7 flow and everything is installed properly I believe. I have an I5-13600kf and a 1080 ti which are both running pretty hot. cpu temperature is 99 F idle and gpu 117 idle. I'm in florida and its in the 80's rn but its not super hot either. Not really sure what's going on. I also have a thermal contact frame but I dont think thats an issue since my gpu is also very hot.

My power went out today and it started to act a little weird. I'm going to run a 3d mark bench and see what happens.

First off, don't use F for PC measurements, everything you'll see is talked about in Celsius and everyone on here understands Celsius. You're basically just asking us to go and find a F to C converter to understand what's being said. 

Converting them myself, they're about 37C and 50C respectively. That's a bit on the warm side, but you're also in Florida where the ambient temp is about 7C hotter than what most people talk about, so those temps do make sense. 

Agree with @RONOTHAN##- My 5900X idles around 30-35C, or 86-95F. But I also have health problems that require ambient air be at 65-67F, a bit cooler than most find comfortable.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

3 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

My bad for the F. I did some benchmarking and it seems to run stable, I just didn't expect the hardware to run that hot. I guess everything is fine though, thanks for the help! 

1 hour ago, BenAllen6 said:

My bad for the F. I did some benchmarking and it seems to run stable, I just didn't expect the hardware to run that hot. I guess everything is fine though, thanks for the help! 

Fourteen cores and twenty threads is two more cores and four less threads than my 5900X, so while not exact, it's somewhat comparable. Max TJunc temp is 100C, or 212F, so I'd say you're perfectly fine.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!