Struggling with finding a case.

narrdarr

Looking for a case that isn't to big, mid or smaller. It going to be for my mom who only does basic things, but I was going to setup a media server as well. I'm aware of older cases that do a great job housing many hdd. Like the 804,304, and some Silverstone cases. However I was hoping to find something more modern. And would look nice in her room. 

I have a spare 3600x. So I'll end using that, but I don't want to grab a mobo without picking a case first. Hoping that 20tb 5x4tb hdd 3.5 is enough to get started. Which means I'd like few extra bays for expansion.

14 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Maybe the Phanteks Eclipse G500A..?

It's a nice case, just built my son a PC using that one. However it's big (I thought you wanted something smaller), and it only supports 2 HDD out of the box (you will need to purchase accessories to use more).

Is there a reason for some many HDD, you could get 20 TB on a single disk and not need some much room, and use a smaller case? 

You might check out Fractal's Focus and Pop series. The Corsair 4000X isn't a bad one either.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, OhioYJ said:

It's a nice case, just built my son a PC using that one. However it's big (I thought you wanted something smaller), and it only supports 2 HDD out of the box (you will need to purchase accessories to use more).

Is there a reason for some many HDD, you could get 20 TB on a single disk and not need some much room, and use a smaller case? 

It definitely the largest I'd go as it's still classified as a mid size case. I am aware of needing to buy the extra cage.

I have thought about this. But cost is cheaper. Probably end up costing me more long-term tho.

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

You might check out Fractal's Focus and Pop series. The Corsair 4000X isn't a bad one either.

Pop doesn't hold that much and focus is meh.