Query about VR

Tom80765412

Quest 2 is pretty much the best bang for the buck if you don't mind the whole facebook thing.

Don't get the official deluxe head strap as they will break eventually and Nvidia cards seems to be better for streaming to the headset.

You can get much better visuals and tracking out of something like the vive pro 2 or index but they are much more expensive and require more setup.

There are some other options if you only want to do cockpit VR like flying/racing but they have drawbacks in other areas.

14 hours ago, trufret said:

Quest 2 is pretty much the best bang for the buck if you don't mind the whole facebook thing.

Don't get the official deluxe head strap as they will break eventually and Nvidia cards seems to be better for streaming to the headset.

You can get much better visuals and tracking out of something like the vive pro 2 or index but they are much more expensive and require more setup.

There are some other options if you only want to do cockpit VR like flying/racing but they have drawbacks in other areas.

What about any known issues? Local market in my city selling these VR sets without any warranty... So I am a little worried about running into any issue after buying....

8 hours ago, Tom80765412 said:

What about any known issues? Local market in my city selling these VR sets without any warranty... So I am a little worried about running into any issue after buying....

Issues with the Quest 2?  Besides the official deluxe head strap's plastic cracking and breaking, the biggest issue I've heard of is with melted charging ports.  It seems to be related to using cheap or damaged cables when charging/tethered to pc. It seems to be rare given the number sold but not having a warranty would be a bit concerning.