PackardBell IMEDIA S3800 upgrade

I recently received a PackardBell IMEDIA S3800 and I want to use it for movies only (I have my own gaming pc):
LGA 1156 - i3 530
8GB DDR3
HD 5450

My question is, can I upgrade it to a i7 860 or does it suport only up to i5? I think it would be a nice upgrade

Today I had to postpone a second hand buy because I could not be sure enough if the i7 would work. I searched a lot and I found on userbenchmark that i7's were used in an imedia s3800 and even found one model for sale with this cpu (old listing). All that I found tells me that it should 100% work, but I still need some confirmation from other people that have more knowledge in this field. Also, the back sides of i5 650 (which is my other option) and i7 860 are different, and the i5 has ¨200¨ written on the back whereas the i7 has ¨100¨, so this is one reason that makes me be unsure about the compatibility. The i3 that I have now installed has the back side identical with the i5 650.
About the motherboard, it has only 2 stickers on it with some kind of information:
M/B MBSD10900100600321EK00
U01J100502188 PC H57D01P8. 1.0.8EKS3H

18 minutes ago, Andrei_2102 said:

I want to use it for movies only

The cpu doesnt need an upgrade to play movies

Is it struggling or not able to play movies now? What movies? I agree, that should be enough computer to play back 'movies'. Are you trying to upscale 1080P to 4K or something?

It had an hdd with win10 32bit but tomorrow I'll get a new ssd and I'll install win 10 64bit since it has 8gb ram. What I want to say is that I didn't test anything yet because the hdd was extremely slow, I want to use the pc on a 4k tv, but I don't care to play anything at 4k, just 1080p netflix, prime video, vlc.

7 minutes ago, Andrei_2102 said:

It had an hdd with win10 32bit but tomorrow I'll get a new ssd and I'll install win 10 64bit since it has 8gb ram. What I want to say is that I didn't test anything yet because the hdd was extremely slow, I want to use the pc on a 4k tv, but I don't care to play anything at 4k, just 1080p netflix, prime video, vlc.

I think it'll be able to do that. I found some pictures of an 8310 online which I don't know if it's the same as you're 8300 but it looks like a standard 24 pin PSU but a non standard motherboard. I'm not sure if an ITX or MATX motherboard would fit inside that chassis, it looks wider than ITX but narrower that MATX, maybe some BTX or Flex ATX size or something entirely beholden to HP/PackardBell.

It has a 20+4. Well, I'll test tomorrow what it needs to be tested and come back with an update. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Andrei_2102 said:

It has a 20+4. Well, I'll test tomorrow what it needs to be tested and come back with an update. Thanks!

Look forward to it. Those 1st gen Intel Core-i CPU's aren't the most efficient but they're fairly capable even today. There's two basic kinds and not all boards are compatible with all kinds. There's 2 core CPU's which are codename Clarkdale and there's 4 core CPU's codename Lynnfield. Clarkdale 2 core CPU's are i3 with 2 core 4 thread and no turbo or i5 CPU's with 2 core 4 thread and turbo boost speeds. Lynnfield CPU's are 4 core 4 thread i5's and 4 core 8 thread i7's. Not every board can run both so you need to watch carefully when buying an upgrade CPU if you can actually run the 2 core or 4 core CPU.

On 1/21/2023 at 8:36 PM, Bitter said:

Look forward to it. Those 1st gen Intel Core-i CPU's aren't the most efficient but they're fairly capable even today. There's two basic kinds and not all boards are compatible with all kinds. There's 2 core CPU's which are codename Clarkdale and there's 4 core CPU's codename Lynnfield. Clarkdale 2 core CPU's are i3 with 2 core 4 thread and no turbo or i5 CPU's with 2 core 4 thread and turbo boost speeds. Lynnfield CPU's are 4 core 4 thread i5's and 4 core 8 thread i7's. Not every board can run both so you need to watch carefully when buying an upgrade CPU if you can actually run the 2 core or 4 core CPU.

The i3 530 runs 1080p on 4k tv with no problems. I'll stick with it. Thank for the help!