Help needed - going from aio to full custom water

for ref my current gear an desired gear

current old

an target finished gear (mb bios updated an ready)

im currently prepping to go from a 120mm aio to full custom water for my old first build

iv got a 5800x on order to replace my older 2600x that has served my well but i now need more out of my older rig

an i know the 5800x getting way hotter then the 2600x which with my arctic freezer II 120mm never broke 54c under load

oc'ed at 4.3ghz in a 72deg room for the 5800x i know ill need more

ad33.thumb.jpg.2bfdf5fcf09b9bb583fb52961060083b.jpg

an aside from my cpu iv upgraded my from a gigabyte 1660 super oc wind-force x3 to a power color fighter 6700xt

an hope that ill get close to the same cooling i got with the last gpu which as you'll see i pix this layout is what worked

best for the aio an gpu , iv got the rear an fronts as intake an the tops as exhaust an the case fans on custom bios fan

curve set to ramp as system temp rises an the aio in push an ramp as needed , in the past the aio was in the rear in pull

the only diff between then an now is my rear mobo heat-sinks run cooler by an avg 7deg both idle/load an the gpu

idle/load is 4deg higher , if i could mod the psu shroud into a ramp for the bottom front fan to scoop/direct air flow i

would, but not sure how an what id use to do that with ?

aside from that mod im currently trying to decide what rad & rez to get as iv got limited space from both an dont want to

change layout for fans or gpu , iv got fittings , tubing , cpu block , pump an coolant so any good advice for doing this will

help

my current considered picks for rad & rez are with mods this

id use this 50mm version of this air duct on the rear to aide cooling the rear bridge

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1119238671/120mm-vrm-cooling-duct-120mm-fan-size?sts=1&variation0=2319052234

an move the top front 140mm closer to the rear to help fit a

https://modmymods.com/aquacomputer-airplex-radical-4-120-aluminum-fins-33702.html

in place of the current aio an rig as pull over push with a 2nd 50mm right angle duct aimed up to not have rad heat

blown across the mobo an use this rez

https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/reservoirs/bitspower-water-tank-z-multi-200-acrylic-version-bp-wtzm200ac-cl.html

does this rad an rez combo seem like it could adequately cooler a 5800x possibly oc'ed to

4 to 4.3ghz to near same temps as the 120 arctic did from the 2600x

heres another view but with older gpu

fdf2a41878183946745b2ea0bd00295b330ae196.thumb.jpeg.3c17be8cdd08f639f85c132e0de9e356.jpeg

11 minutes ago, johnny45 said:

rad & rez

A 360mm in the front and a 120mm fan bracket reservoir should do the trick, I would just go with regular front-to-back airflow though. You want to have the GPU be cooled by water too?

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

Methinks you overspend way too much on cooling on a mid range rig

Custom cooling is for when you can still spend $500 after getting the highest end parts, just for fun

Swap fans with cheap arctic, get a Liquid Freezer 360 and spend the rest upgrading to a 5800x3d or a 6950xt

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

id almost go for that but i did consider water-cooling the gpu but couldn't find a compatible water-block ,the closest i could find was one from

primochill but it was for the ref card version of 6700xt not the one iv got an trying to get a different 6700xt isnt in the budget ,

getting a rad an rez are the only parts i need as i had plenty of spare parts from another build a am3 which had a

good cpu block that was am4 ready , both it an pump were still good but rad an rez were not

hence the need for newer an adequate for 5800x

i would if i could go for a loop for both gpu an cpu but the return window for gpu has pasted an trying to recover the cash spent on the gpu (479$ before sh&tx) thats a chuck that took awhile to save up an buy an with the cpu on order.

my budget for rad & rez that also has to cover sh&tx is 350$

i really love my case an im not ready to swap the case even-tho that might help

22 minutes ago, johnny45 said:

my budget for rad & rez that also has to cover sh&tx is 350$

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/ausgleichsbehaelter/ausgleichsbehaelter/29318/alphacool-rise-flat-reservoir-d5?number=1021872 and

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/radiatoren/radiatoren-aktiv/360-mm/23668/alphacool-nexxxos-st30-full-copper-360mm-radiator-v.2 or https://www.alphacool.com/shop/radiatoren/radiatoren-aktiv/240-mm/23667/alphacool-nexxxos-st30-full-copper-240mm-radiator-v.2 if a 360mm rad doesn't fit

or a complete kit, for example this:

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/aios-sets/cpu-aio/23150/alphacool-eisbaer-360-cpu-black?c=21227 I have the LT240 and it's working flawlessly. There's expansion kits for the Eisbär line too, you might be able to incorporate a future GPU upgrade, for example.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

if i comment to a full loop to cove gpu an cpu ill have to do a gpu swap an case swap 

this is my thought on gear with rad side mounted with 50mm version of air duct on the rear to aide cooling the rear bridge an 3x on rad angled away from mobo an nvme drives

this is suggested gear

NZXT H9 Flow ATX Mid Tower Case

&

XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE

bykski-full-coverage-gpu-water-block-

&

Aquacomputer Airplex Radical 4/360, Copper Fins (33714)

Don’t need to swap cases. Most aren’t ideal either way. Having a case with enough rad space on exhaust only and having all fresh air on the front would be ideal. 
I’d just focus on getting a block for the card or upgrading to one that does. 
then you’d have to get cheap parts to make a full loop work. Can but done but no reason to cut corners that much. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

i might do that for the gpu that is but first a very noob question , for years iv seen youtub vid about gpu water-blocking an either missed or failed to understand when removing a gpu fan assembly an heat-sink do or should i run the gpu in a pc under load first to heat up the thermal paste before trying to pull it apart so nothing yanks or breaks is that a real worry.

and do you think my suggested gpu , gpu block , an rad are good pick an would that rad be adequate for cooling a 6700xt an 5800x or even a 12 core an keep both desired gpu an either cpu's under 60c