MacPro4,1 wont boot after X5690 upgrade

Hello

I have a MacPro4,1 and i upgraded the cpu from a X5550 to a X5690 and ram from DDR3 1088MHz 32GB to DDR3 1333MHz 128GB. Firmware is flashed and i basicly did nothing wrong.

Any ideas how i can make it boot?
(btw: the same thing happend wenn i tried to put a RTX 3060 in it)

Dual X5690 my beloved.

1 minute ago, aledsav1 said:

have you goggled this exact thing?

x5690 should be delided for your board so that the cpu block/power connector fits and reaches, also your board might not support that chip re power and can fry the board...

heres a link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mac-pro-4-1-not-booting-after-cpu-upgrade.2351769/

well members of this forum told me it would work and yes its delidded

Dual X5690 my beloved.

2 hours ago, aledsav1 said:

ok then its probably ok, but read that thread as lots of info there on it.

the cpu has the ssn "J5919009A1LUD" is it too early?

Dual X5690 my beloved.

i redid the cpu and now the power light also blinks like in the macrumors post. after a while it shuts down.

Dual X5690 my beloved.

the mac has been reset to its original state

Dual X5690 my beloved.

'First thing is to find the week of the build date from the CPU tray SSN to confirm that it was made past at least week 19, 20 to be sure (something like J5920________, third character is the year, then the next two numbers are the week).'

well it does say on the above reply to that thread that the tray should be past week 19, 20 to be sure...and as yours is week 19, it could be that? how accurate that is I do not know.

have your removed the additional ram you installed, so take it back to basics and then give it a try, also are you installing on a single cpu tray or double? tray other socket.

3 hours ago, aledsav1 said:

'First thing is to find the week of the build date from the CPU tray SSN to confirm that it was made past at least week 19, 20 to be sure (something like J5920________, third character is the year, then the next two numbers are the week).'

well it does say on the above reply to that thread that the tray should be past week 19, 20 to be sure...and as yours is week 19, it could be that? how accurate that is I do not know.

have your removed the additional ram you installed, so take it back to basics and then give it a try, also are you installing on a single cpu tray or double? tray other socket.

im using the original tray, dual cpu, tried with my original 32gb ram, i basicly tried everything. heres a image of the cpus

20230120_164130.jpg

Dual X5690 my beloved.

lreft are the originals and right are the new ones

Dual X5690 my beloved.