Razer Comms?

DJfern94

Does anyone currently use Razer Comms, and if so why? does it have any advantages to it in your opinions over other similar software?

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

It works.

It wont kick you out of your games and it has a ingame overlay.

Its kind slow to open new windows though

All sound like pretty good benefits to me! especially the ingame overlay

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

I use it with two of my friends, and it's pretty good. An advantage is that you don't need to set up a server for something like TeamSpeak (although it's not very hard). The sound quality is decent, it's miles better than what Skype currently has to offer. One criticism I have is that it flat out doesn't work occasionally, where it be I can't receive or send calls, no audio input or output, can't sign in, etc. It gets annoying, and I haven't had any problems with TeamSpeak so far. I think the interface is pretty decent as well, it's small and doesn't get in the way. There isn't any video chat support currently, but I don't think it's much of a problem considering it's mainly intended for playing games and talking with friends. It's great if you don't want to set up a server, want good sound quality, and a clean experience most of the time. It's bad if you want to talk with tech-illiterate family/friends, want to video chat, or if you have little patience. It's pretty decent and I think it's a good competitor against other programs such as Skype, TeamSpeak, or Mumble.

I forgot to mention that it's still in beta, so most of the problems will most likely be sorted out in the future.

Spoiler

I do with all of my friends and it is actually very good. Everyone sounds much clearer compared to when we used to use Skype and there are no problems such as getting 'alt-tab' out of the game or needing to re-host a call when the host leaves (referring to Skype) since you just have'rooms' which you can join and leave at any time. Overall pretty stable despite the fact that it is still in beta. The overlay needs working on since it can be a little slugish but apart from that the program is very good and simple to explain to your friends which was quite important to me when I tried to get everyone I play with to use it instead of Skype. Also it has a very small footprint on the computer at least from my experience.