RGB Fan Connector Question

B1Lancer656
Go to solution Solved by SlayerOfHellWyrm,

As someone with uh... 
image.thumb.png.3b2dfd5f45a0da3727cc6aef141c7d5a.png
A lot of Corsair stuff... yeah, this is pretty normal. Some products will have a Hardware Lighting which is the lighting effect to apply when there is no iCUE running yet. Some devices will go into rainbow mode, some like my ML120 fans on my H115i, just sit... off. So, definitely get iCUE installed first and see if that brings them up and they're properly detected and such. I remember going through this same thing with my setup.

No, I'm not a shill for them, they just had the best RGB Ecosystem at the time I built my rig and I wanted the pretty lights so I paid their tax, lol.

Hello,

I put all the parts of my computer together except for the GPU. When I checked to see if everything was working, the RGB lights on my Corsair fans didn't turn on. I connected the fans to the Corsair Commander Core that came with my Elite Capellix AIO, and that seems to have turned off the RGB lights. Is this normal and will the lights turn on again if I install the iCue software? I am asking this because when I used the MB connectors, the RGB turned on. I just want to make sure everything is working before my GPU arrives (at least externally).

Thanks.

1 hour ago, B1Lancer656 said:

Hello,

I put all the parts of my computer together except for the GPU. When I checked to see if everything was working, the RGB lights on my Corsair fans didn't turn on. I connected the fans to the Corsair Commander Core that came with my Elite Capellix AIO, and that seems to have turned off the RGB lights. Is this normal and will the lights turn on again if I install the iCue software? I am asking this because when I used the MB connectors, the RGB turned on. I just want to make sure everything is working before my GPU arrives (at least externally).

Thanks.

I had  a nightmare installing my Corsair lights and controller with all the proprietary connections, but from what I remember I sorted it all out with the ICUE software, you can even move the order of the fans around in the software if it turns out you connected them in the wrong order during installation. Also don't forget about YouTube, there's a tonne of guides about corsair's rgb fans specifically.

Ryzen 5 5600x @ 5GHz - RTX2060 OC'd - MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX 2 - Noctua D15-s - Corsair Crystal Series 680x - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3333GHz - 2x 1080p Monitor @ 75Hz - 3TB Crucial MX500 SSD's - Corsair RM750x PSU - 500GB Crucial P2 M.2 NVME SSD - Arctic MX-4 TIM - Too many fans, not enough screws.

41 minutes ago, Hikingferal said:

I had  a nightmare installing my Corsair lights and controller with all the proprietary connections, but from what I remember I sorted it all out with the ICUE software, you can even move the order of the fans around in the software if it turns out you connected them in the wrong order during installation. Also don't forget about YouTube, there's a tonne of guides about corsair's rgb fans specifically.

Yeah, the fan setup seemed easy but turned out to be a disaster for me. So far, the fans quickly flash bright white and then the lighting turns off. I'm just trying to see if that's completely normal until I can install the iCue software.

As someone with uh... 
image.thumb.png.3b2dfd5f45a0da3727cc6aef141c7d5a.png
A lot of Corsair stuff... yeah, this is pretty normal. Some products will have a Hardware Lighting which is the lighting effect to apply when there is no iCUE running yet. Some devices will go into rainbow mode, some like my ML120 fans on my H115i, just sit... off. So, definitely get iCUE installed first and see if that brings them up and they're properly detected and such. I remember going through this same thing with my setup.

No, I'm not a shill for them, they just had the best RGB Ecosystem at the time I built my rig and I wanted the pretty lights so I paid their tax, lol.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section