screwdriver switch position

There are no position marks that I can find that indicate which direction the ratchet switch is set. I obviously see the little arrows that are on the switch but they're not really positioned in relation to anything on the handle except for maybe its general geometry. I don't really like that I have to try to click the switch to know which direction its set and I'd prefer to be able to look at it and know. Has anyone else done something like maybe paint a little center line on theirs with masking tape and a paint marker or engraving a small center line with a heated knife? If so how'd that go?
Is the orange ring in between the body and the switch free-floating or is it in some way locked to the position of the handle, because I think that ring would probably be the best place to put such a mark, though properly masking that off would be a pain.
Do you think I'd be better off getting into the habit of always putting it back to locked when I put it down?
I dunno, maybe I'm just nitpicking at this point.

I cant say this has ever been a problem, I mean its a pretty intuitive driver and I got used to it very quick. Every time I pick it up I just try to spin the selector to the direction I want it to go, its just habit. I honestly do think this is a bit of a nitpick

• 3 weeks later...

Flipping the direction of the ratchet setting is the #1 reason I bought the LTT screwdriver. I agree with them that it's more intuitive (contrary to the 80% of drivers on the market...).