Computer won't wake up from sleep with keyboard and mouse

Lochie A

Hi all,

Recently my computer has had a problem where it won't wake up from sleep with the keyboard or mouse and the only way to wake it is by pressing the power button. The weird thing is that when I press any button on the keyboard to wake the computer the numlock light turns on like normal but then it can't be change until I wake the computer with the power button. I also have a razer mouse with RGB and when I click any button on the mouse the RGB turns back on but it still won't wake the computer. As far as I know I have all the settings correct and in device manager both the keyboard and mouse are selected to wake the computer from sleep but it's still not happening. Any suggestions?

I should also point out that the computer was working fine until I pulled it apart which I have done many times before to do maintenance on the water cooling and ever since I put it back together it won't wake. As far as I know nothing else seems to be wrong with the computer and I don't think it's related but I thought I should add it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Device Manager, find your keyboard then right-click and open Properties. Once there, you will get a popup window: click the "Power Management" tab at the top and ensure "Allow this device to wake the computer" is selected. Then, do the same for your mouse. Now put your PC in sleep mode and try to wake it with either peripheral.

image.png.e157a1b6928b93aeae9aebfed773c08a.png

Don't forget to mark posts as the solution if you're satisfied!