165mm air cooler into a 160mm case

My case says that has a 160mm available space for an air cooler... Has anyone been able to fit a Noctua Nh-d15 of 165mm into a 160mm case?

Custom build case: 160mm for a cooler.

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Be specific...

OOT but have you bought the NH-D15? If not, go with AK620, performs about the same, cheaper, and it is not as tall, exactly 160mm tall even.

If you have, then idk what to tell you.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

10 minutes ago, Astralicus said:

My case says that has a 160mm available space for an air cooler... Has anyone been able to fit a Noctua Nh-d15 of 165mm into a 160mm case?

Custom build case: 160mm for a cooler.

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Be specific...

What case though? 165mm is 165mm, that's not changing. If it's a fairly common case, you can probably check it out on PCPartPicker, look at the builds, then see if any of those are using the NH-D15. That's a pretty good indication there. If you can't find any info online, you might just have to buy the case and change plans or return it if it doesn't work out. FWIW, there are several NH-D15 clones out there now that are the same size or smaller and perform about as well.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

1 hour ago, Dukesilver27- said:

OOT but have you bought the NH-D15? If not, go with AK620, performs about the same, cheaper, and it is not as tall, exactly 160mm tall even.

If you have, then idk what to tell you.

This has nothing to do with the question, my dear.

HAS... ANYONE... EVER... FIT... A D15... IN A CASE... THAT SAID 160MM TOP????

it isn't a hard question!

That's why two people answered your Question (First one said you can buy a cooler that will fit for shure and the other asked you to specify your question and told you how to find an answer yourself). If all you want to hear is "yes, it won't be an issue, you are fine" then you should not have asked. Even if someone answered that they were able to do it, then that means they got lucky on tolerances which is not  given four your specific case.

17 hours ago, Astralicus said:

HAS... ANYONE... EVER... FIT... A D15... IN A CASE... THAT SAID 160MM TOP????

it isn't a hard question!

I answered it. If you can’t read or don’t feel like doing 30 fucking seconds of research, I won’t help you.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.