Problem with graphics card?

MonsterEnjoyer

GPU IS AMD RADEON RX 5600 XT

CPU IS i5-9400f 2.9GHz

MOTHERBOARD IS ASUS ROG Strix B360-F

Sometimes when i am playing/doing anything my both screens just turn off and "no display" pops up or something like that and i need to reboot my pc and its been happening now for months, sometimes everyday and sometimes it just stops for some weeks.

Recently when it black screened i heard a disconnect voice "like when u disconnect a mouse or something" and when i turned my pc on and checked task manager i saw that my gpu in performance tab is marked as GPU 0 and not GPU 1 and in Processes tab i don't even see it there, i thought it's maybe problem with temperature but i don't think so because it's rarely going over 70 degrees when playing it usually stays at like 60-68. So i came here to ask because i have no idea if my gpu is dying or maybe something else is happening.

Have you tried clearing your GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalling the latest ones? Also wouldn't hurt to take a look in event viewer logs to see if it gives you any additional info.

5 minutes ago, firestronk said:

DDU and reinstalling the latest ones? Also wouldn't hurt to take a look in event viewer logs t

I haven't tried DDU yet but i have checked event viewer logs and i don't really know what to check there tbh but i have checked "hardware events" and nothing is there but in "system" right before black screen i see only warnings from DistributedCOM source

1 minute ago, MonsterEnjoyer said:

I haven't tried DDU yet but i have checked event viewer logs and i don't really know what to check there tbh but i have checked "hardware events" and nothing is there but in "system" right before black screen i see only warnings from DistributedCOM source

DistributedCOM warnings are typically when a service fails to establish a connection to a remote server which isn't relevant in your case. Try DDU and see if there's any difference.

34 minutes ago, firestronk said:

DistributedCOM warnings are typically when a service fails to establish a connection to a remote server which isn't relevant in your case. Try DDU and see if there's any difference.

Well i did DDU now so hopefully it doesn't black screen no more but i still don't understand why my gpu is GPU 0 in task manager when like a week ago it was GPU 1 

12 minutes ago, MonsterEnjoyer said:

Well i did DDU now so hopefully it doesn't black screen no more but i still don't understand why my gpu is GPU 0 in task manager when like a week ago it was GPU 1 

I'm not entirely sure how it was switched. It could have been some sort of Windows update or something being changed in the background. GPU 0 is usually used for integrated graphics and 1 as a dedicated graphics card. The i5-9400F does not have integrated graphics, so it should default to your dedicated GPU anyways. On my desktop, my GPU is shown as GPU 0 and I've never had any problems with it. 

1 minute ago, firestronk said:

I'm not entirely sure how it was switched. It could have been some sort of Windows update or something being changed in the background. GPU 0 is usually used for integrated graphics and 1 as a dedicated graphics card. The i5-9400F does not have integrated graphics, so it should default to your dedicated GPU anyways. On my desktop, my GPU is shown as GPU 0 and I've never had any problems with it. 

Well anyway thanks for help hopefully it doesn't black screen again lol 

6 minutes ago, MonsterEnjoyer said:

Well anyway thanks for help hopefully it doesn't black screen again lol 

Yeah, np. Report back on this thread if you run into issues again with this.

1 minute ago, firestronk said:

Yeah, np. Report back on this thread if you run into issues again with this.

Well that didn't take long lol it black screened again.

Well that didn't take long lol it black screened again.

Can you try the other PCIE slot on the motherboard?

I also see WMI alot in event viewer idk if its something to do with it 

12 minutes ago, firestronk said:

Can you try the other PCIE slot on the motherboard?

well i did connect it to other and it works atleast dont know if its gonna black screen tho

well i did connect it to other and it works atleast dont know if its gonna black screen tho

Try running it in that slot for a bit to see if you still have issues with the black screens.

Just now, firestronk said:

Try running it in that slot for a bit to see if you still have issues with the black screens.

Aight will do, will write if it black screens lol 

26 minutes ago, firestronk said:

Nope still black screen "no signal detected"

21 minutes ago, MonsterEnjoyer said:

Nope still black screen "no signal detected"

It's so frustrating like am playing or even watching youtube and boom it black screens and yet i still hear everything for some seconds and then i hear a disconnect sound. I also now noticed my Voltage jumps from 0 to 700+ mV

50 minutes ago, MonsterEnjoyer said:

It's so frustrating like am playing or even watching youtube and boom it black screens and yet i still hear everything for some seconds and then i hear a disconnect sound. I also now noticed my Voltage jumps from 0 to 700+ mV

Is that the voltage of the GPU? What program are you seeing that in?

15 minutes ago, firestronk said:

Is that the voltage of the GPU? What program are you seeing that in?

Am using Amd software and it just jumps from 0-700 mV every like some seconds but when i opened a random ass game it was staying at around 700-900 ish but it still black screened. i changed now PCIE slot from psu now maybe that will fix it idk