PC runs super slow after installing new ssd

LekTiRegor
Go to solution Solved by LekTiRegor,

It would seem reseating the stick fixed it. Can't believe I didn't think of doing that at the first place. Thanks for trying to help me figure it out.

I'm running an X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi with 32gigs of ram and a ryzen 5 2600x. The mobo has 2 m.2 slots, one in the front one in the back. I installed a new WD_BLACK SN770 1TB on the back of the board and now everything is running super laggy. Normally I'd get 60+ fps in a game I'm getting sub 20 now with major stuttering. If I remove the stick it goes back to normal.

Is this an issue with the ssd or an issue with the CPU not being able to handle it?

3 minutes ago, LekTiRegor said:

I'm running an X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi with 32gigs of ram and a ryzen 5 2600x. The mobo has 2 m.2 slots, one in the front one in the back. I installed a new WD_BLACK SN770 1TB on the back of the board and now everything is running super laggy. Normally I'd get 60+ fps in a game I'm getting sub 20 now with major stuttering. If I remove the stick it goes back to normal.

Is this an issue with the ssd or an issue with the CPU not being able to handle it?

How full is the new SN770. The SN770 has no DRAM so it being really full could be a performance issue.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA  MB: MSI B550-A PRO  Cooler: DeepCool AK620  Drives: Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, 970 EVO 1TB

Just now, Hullwood2 said:

How full is the new SN770. The SN770 has no DRAM so it being really full could be a performance issue.

about less than 50%, but it's affecting apps and windows that are not installed on it

Could you list your computers specs? *My bad

Edited by Hullwood2

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA  MB: MSI B550-A PRO  Cooler: DeepCool AK620  Drives: Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, 970 EVO 1TB

Check to see what your graphics card is able to use when it comes to PCIE lanes.

You can download GPUZ and click to the question mark button next to the PCIE information.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Hullwood2 said:

Could you list your computers specs?

It's not like it's the first sentence?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Hullwood2 said:

Could you list your computers specs?

x570 I Aorus Pro wifi, Ryzen 5 2600x, 32GB ram, RX 6700XT, 970 EVO 1 TB, 3 other SSDs

10 minutes ago, Levent said:

Check to see what your graphics card is able to use when it comes to PCIE lanes.

You can download GPUZ and click to the question mark button next to the PCIE information.

with and without the ssd Bus interface reports PCIe x 16 4.0 @ x16 3.0 while running the test

It would seem reseating the stick fixed it. Can't believe I didn't think of doing that at the first place. Thanks for trying to help me figure it out.