Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Replace Touch screen with LCD

JP2K
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
23 minutes ago, JP2K said:

Yes there is one. But it has a different connector. The non touchscreen variant is a 30 pin connector instead of a 40 pin one. 

That's why I was asking if it would still work by just leaving the extra pin connectors empty or if it's a completely different connection all together

Nope you'll need the 40 pin screen.

Hello, 

So i was wondering if it's possible to attach a 30 pin connector of the LCD monitor to the 40 pin socket of the Dell Inspiron 15 5558. Since my monitor of the laptop broke and i don't need a touchscreen for it, an LCD would suffice.

So im curious if it would work connecting it this way. Or if i would need to pay double for a replacement touchscreen instead of a normal LCD. 

If there was a non-touchscreen variant of that same laptop, you could track down that screen assembly and swap it on.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I wouldn't get creative and slap in a random screen, it might make your laptop experience worse (ask me how I know).

8 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

If there was a non-touchscreen variant of that same laptop, you could track down that screen assembly and swap it on.

That's the way to do it, I'd recommend looking for the entire assembly as well.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

10 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Yes there is one. But it has a different connector. The non touchscreen variant is a 30 pin connector instead of a 40 pin one. 

That's why I was asking if it would still work by just leaving the extra pin connectors empty or if it's a completely different connection all together

23 minutes ago, JP2K said:

Nope you'll need the 40 pin screen.