Tv to dac to headphone.

Silotic
Go to solution Solved by Biohazard777,
1 hour ago, Silotic said:

No that wouldn't work, where do you plan to plug in the Toslink cable (mini or regular) on that DAC?
image.png.31ab7eb01ac18850a918bfad77abab5c.png

image.png.4bf7ab813aca4f430806b5d00be92cc4.png
That DAC receives digital signal via USB-C.

You need something like this:
image.thumb.png.7c534f93cc4aac3d1f4e5bb5485733db.png

image.png.bf06d7ae0318d78da5725350c5e7f713.png

TV -> Toslink cable -> DAC -> analogue 3.5mm headphone jack -> Sennheiser G4ME ONE headphones.

What is the intended use-case?
For gaming I would completely scrap the idea, get a usb dongle (2.4 GHz) wireless headphones like Rog Strix Go 2.4 and just plug the dongle into your PC or console.
The main reason being latency, you don't want added latency (and DACs, especially cheap ones, will add some)...
Also you get to keep your microphone. If you go the DAC route, that is a one way street usually (you just get audio output, no mic in).

1 hour ago, Silotic said:

No that wouldn't work, where do you plan to plug in the Toslink cable (mini or regular) on that DAC?
image.png.31ab7eb01ac18850a918bfad77abab5c.png

image.png.4bf7ab813aca4f430806b5d00be92cc4.png
That DAC receives digital signal via USB-C.

You need something like this:
image.thumb.png.7c534f93cc4aac3d1f4e5bb5485733db.png

image.png.bf06d7ae0318d78da5725350c5e7f713.png

TV -> Toslink cable -> DAC -> analogue 3.5mm headphone jack -> Sennheiser G4ME ONE headphones.

For gaming I would completely scrap the idea, get a usb dongle (2.4 GHz) wireless headphones like Rog Strix Go 2.4 and just plug the dongle into your PC or console.
The main reason being latency, you don't want added latency (and DACs, especially cheap ones, will add some)...
Also you get to keep your microphone. If you go the DAC route, that is a one way street usually (you just get audio output, no mic in).

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

25 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Watching tv at night without disturbing anyone else that might be sleeping. Thanks for the reply though. I'll buy something of the sort right away.

1 minute ago, Silotic said:

Watching tv at night without disturbing anyone else that might be sleeping. Thanks for the reply though. I'll buy something of the sort right away.

In that case - sure use a DAC, no need to buy a fancy / expensive one IMO.
You might need to adjust the delay (also sometimes called "lip sync adjustment") if you notice that your video & audio are out of sync,
that setting is typically in the same spot where you pick the audio output mode (like PCM).

^ not a crypto wallet

1 minute ago, Biohazard777 said:

In that case - sure use a DAC, no need to buy a fancy / expensive one IMO.
You might need to adjust the delay (also sometimes called "lip sync adjustment") if you notice that your video & audio are out of sync,
that setting is typically in the same spot where you pick the audio output mode (like PCM).

I just bought this https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01HRJ9P84?psc=1&smid=A2N4NEZPB53SEZ&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

My headphones tend to sound muddy without something amplifying the signal so this one should be alright since it says that it amplifies the audio 

1 minute ago, Silotic said:

I just bought this https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01HRJ9P84?psc=1&smid=A2N4NEZPB53SEZ&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

My headphones tend to sound muddy without something amplifying the signal so this one should be alright since it says that it amplifies the audio 

That one looks great, should do the job just fine.

^ not a crypto wallet