help deciding on gpu

xreaperx40
Go to solution Solved by Gokul_P,
1 minute ago, xreaperx40 said:

i was thinking of doing that as it is an option,i just really hate spending that kind of money on 1 part lol i guess these are the times were in lol....but i do want that limited edition 7900xtx so maybe thats an excuse to spend idk..i heard the 7900xtx was basically on par with the 4080 except for ray tracing which isnt a deal breaker for me so.

You are already spending alot and upgrade cost more when you need it. so if you have the money now go for the best one than after 6 months you want more power you have to spend almost double or triple what you now add to get a new gpu (you can realistically sell the old one but the value will be depreciated. Getting awesome Limited editions is a nice way to make your setup unique. 

Budget (including currency): 750 or more maaybe

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: pretty much all game genres hardly any workloads

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

at the moment am using a 5600x on an aorus master x570 board with 16gb gskill 3600mhz cas 14 ram. and a 27" 1440p 165hz monitor from msi its there artymis brand or whatever.

so i cant decide on a gpu like i want a 3080 or higher but then theres the 6950xt....also im not really huge on the ray tracing craze tho i do like my visuals so theres that,,,now my budget is 750 this month however ill have another 750 next month so theres a potential 1500$ budget but i just cant see spending that kind of money not that i wouldnt just if i dont need to im not lol.....now one card i am kinda liking a lot right now is red devils 7900xtx limited edition tho i cant find it for less than 1600,even tho msrp is 1200....and also im in the middle of building a new pc this time intel 13900k 790 board ddr5 ram etc etc.so whatever card i do get will go into that eventually.thanks for any advice or rather what you would do.

2 minutes ago, xreaperx40 said:

Budget (including currency): 750 or more maaybe

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: pretty much all game genres hardly any workloads

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

at the moment am using a 5600x on an aorus master x570 board with 16gb gskill 3600mhz cas 14 ram. and a 27" 1440p 165hz monitor from msi its there artymis brand or whatever.

so i cant decide on a gpu like i want a 3080 or higher but then theres the 6950xt....also im not really huge on the ray tracing craze tho i do like my visuals so theres that,,,now my budget is 750 this month however ill have another 750 next month so theres a potential 1500$ budget but i just cant see spending that kind of money not that i wouldnt just if i dont need to im not lol.....now one card i am kinda liking a lot right now is red devils 7900xtx limited edition tho i cant find it for less than 1600,even tho msrp is 1200....and also im in the middle of building a new pc this time intel 13900k 790 board ddr5 ram etc etc.so whatever card i do get will go into that eventually.thanks for any advice or rather what you would do.

If you can wait one month and get more money. i will wait one month and pickup 7900XtX or 4080 rather than going with a cheaper one

i was thinking of doing that as it is an option,i just really hate spending that kind of money on 1 part lol i guess these are the times were in lol....but i do want that limited edition 7900xtx so maybe thats an excuse to spend idk..i heard the 7900xtx was basically on par with the 4080 except for ray tracing which isnt a deal breaker for me so.

1 minute ago, xreaperx40 said:

You are already spending alot and upgrade cost more when you need it. so if you have the money now go for the best one than after 6 months you want more power you have to spend almost double or triple what you now add to get a new gpu (you can realistically sell the old one but the value will be depreciated. Getting awesome Limited editions is a nice way to make your setup unique. 

true plus the dang motherboard i got for the new intel build ran me 1200$ anyways.yeah your right may as well go big,and i never had anything limited edition so that will be nice to have...