Flashing the bios of RTX 4090 Phantom (Non GS)

Super panda

Hi,

I'm getting a Phantom RTX 4090 (Non GS version) soon with a power limit of 450w. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with flashing the bios of this card to 600W using the bios of another card. If so, can someone maybe explain how to exacly do it ? 

I understand the risks ofcourse but that 450w powerlimit is really bothering me.

Looking forward to some answers.

Thanks

You pretty much wont gain much by doing this. Also isnt the 450W limit due to the plug itself? Seems rather silly to buy a card like that intentially nerfed, although tbf going from 450 to the 600W does not net you much at all in terms of performance.

The card has dual bios, and yes you can flash the bios for another one to be able to increase the power limit.

Best bios available atm is the Galax

Beware that you either need to mod the 3way plug (not really reccomended) or upgrade to the 4way plug (or ATX 3.0 PSU with 12pin originally) to be able to pull more then 450W

image.png.3c00aad70b278589d2facf1111963f3f.png

On 12/19/2022 at 8:07 PM, Bozzern said:

The card has dual bios, and yes you can flash the bios for another one to be able to increase the power limit.

Best bios available atm is the Galax

Beware that you either need to mod the 3way plug (not really reccomended) or upgrade to the 4way plug (or ATX 3.0 PSU with 12pin originally) to be able to pull more then 450W

image.png.3c00aad70b278589d2facf1111963f3f.png

Thanks a lot for your response ! Do you have maybe a tutorial of how to exacly flash the bios ?

1 hour ago, Super panda said:

Thanks a lot for your response ! Do you have maybe a tutorial of how to exacly flash the bios ?

I flashed it with nvflash there are many tutorials on the internet

image.png.9356704153c46e4ea71fae2df36e7de1.png

I am back after getting this Corsair cable I am able to unlock 133%. Short story 3x8pin to 12+4pin adapter has sense pins empty. Corsair cable has attached these cables and after reflash of bios, it works ok. I tested only this on hardware and I see 600W. I will check it more tomorrow to be sure that this is a physical increase of power and not only in software. But now looks like this is working.
I also attached my BIOS from stock. And Strix BIos that I use. I also know that the Strix board can deliver like 70 amps and the phantom board can deliver around 54 amps. So I will test it and replay if it gain any performance near Strix or Suprim or Gainward Phantom GS

Works fine but temps are like 5-10 bigger on core

Asus.RTX4090.24576.220817.rom