Looking for new case

brandongaming33
Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,

The Fractal Design Focus 2 is my go to case right now. I've built a few computers in them so far and I love them. They're price to feature set is also pretty solid. Here's a PCpartpicker link. The RGB version is right at your budget limit but there is also a non-RGB version for $15 to $20 cheaper. Really any newer mesh front panel case from FD, Phanteks, or Lian Li would be a safe bet.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/jD92FT/fractal-design-focus-2-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-c-foc2a-03

I'm looking at upgrading my case in my newly built system. I kept my old antec 900 case from a previous build, thinking it would be fine, there's a lot of little things that annoy me about it though (solid LED fans, no 2.5" bays, size, no dust filters). Looking for suggestions that fit most of wants/needs. I need 2 (ideally 3) 2.5" bays, a few 3.5's would be nice too for upgradability. I want something smaller for a case, this one takes up almost half of one of my desks (it's a full size case and I have an m-atx board in new one so downsizing shouldn't be hard). No solid coloured LED's, either customizable RGB or plain black. I have a dog so dust filters are pretty much a must. Here's the pcpartpicker list of my build right now: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/GhXBtn. I don't want to spend too much on a case, ideally less than 100$ CDN, but for the right one I might be willing to spend a bit more. I thought about the Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L, but it has solid coloured LED's, which I don't like.

The Fractal Design Focus 2 is my go to case right now. I've built a few computers in them so far and I love them. They're price to feature set is also pretty solid. Here's a PCpartpicker link. The RGB version is right at your budget limit but there is also a non-RGB version for $15 to $20 cheaper. Really any newer mesh front panel case from FD, Phanteks, or Lian Li would be a safe bet.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/jD92FT/fractal-design-focus-2-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-c-foc2a-03

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

49 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Lian Li LanCool 215 should cover it.

RGB Fans, etc.  

Little more than I wanted to spend, but thanks for the suggestion

50 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Looks like a pretty solid case for the money, I'll add it as an option. It is a little bigger than I wanted, doesn't seem to have a PSU shroud, and the front panel doesn't have a dust filter (only mesh) though.

I would say Fractal Design Meshify 2 should satisfy most of your requirements. Lian-Li o11 Air Mini would do it but the Fractal Case has a more aggressive filtration system.

45 minutes ago, BadBadali said:

I would say Fractal Design Meshify 2 should satisfy most of your requirements. Lian-Li o11 Air Mini would do it but the Fractal Case has a more aggressive filtration system.

Is there a real difference between the different versions of the Meshify 2 beyond the slight size differences? The original must have some supply issues here because it's like 220$, but the compact version is a lot more reasonable at 115-130$. Another one to add to the options, thanks for the suggestion!

33 minutes ago, brandongaming33 said:

Is there a real difference between the different versions of the Meshify 2 beyond the slight size differences? The original must have some supply issues here because it's like 220$, but the compact version is a lot more reasonable at 115-130$. Another one to add to the options, thanks for the suggestion!

Meshify 2 61.7L

6 Internal 3.5

2 Internal 2.5

GPU with Drives 315mm

Compact 42.3L

2 Internal 3.5

2 Internal 2.5

GPU with Drives 341mm

Mini(MATX-ITX) 32.96L

2 Internal 3.5

GPU 331mm

6 hours ago, brandongaming33 said:

I'm looking at upgrading my case in my newly built system. I kept my old antec 900 case from a previous build, thinking it would be fine, there's a lot of little things that annoy me about it though (solid LED fans, no 2.5" bays, size, no dust filters). Looking for suggestions that fit most of wants/needs. I need 2 (ideally 3) 2.5" bays, a few 3.5's would be nice too for upgradability. I want something smaller for a case, this one takes up almost half of one of my desks (it's a full size case and I have an m-atx board in new one so downsizing shouldn't be hard). No solid coloured LED's, either customizable RGB or plain black. I have a dog so dust filters are pretty much a must. Here's the pcpartpicker list of my build right now: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/GhXBtn. I don't want to spend too much on a case, ideally less than 100$ CDN, but for the right one I might be willing to spend a bit more. I thought about the Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L, but it has solid coloured LED's, which I don't like.

Why do you want 2.5 inch bays for upgradability if you can use M.2?

40 minutes ago, person123456789 said:

Why do you want 2.5 inch bays for upgradability if you can use M.2?

I have 2 2.5 inch drives now, it would be nice to have a 3.5 bay incase I decide to put a hard drive in, but not something I need.

3 hours ago, BadBadali said:

Meshify 2 61.7L

6 Internal 3.5

2 Internal 2.5

GPU with Drives 315mm

Compact 42.3L

2 Internal 3.5

2 Internal 2.5

GPU with Drives 341mm

Mini(MATX-ITX) 32.96L

2 Internal 3.5

GPU 331mm

Thanks, sounds like 42.3L would work for me. I'll probably go with that or the focus 2 that was also suggested