12700f boost speeds and performance

Hi I just recently upgraded from a 9700k to a 12700f and I’m quite pleased with the performance however when I test the single core performance of my specific chip compared to others(12700f) it’s quite lacking. I set my pl 1 and 2 to max and I have a -.70 v undervolt. For cooling I have a 420mm aio from Arctic and it never goes above 50c. I just don’t know why it’s only boosting to 4.3ghz any help would be appreciated thank you! 

How are you testing single core performance??? Try Cinebench R20 or R23 and running there. What are you using to monitor voltage/temps/usage etc?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

How are you testing single core performance??? Try Cinebench R20 or R23 and running there. What are you using to monitor voltage/temps/usage etc?

Hw info 64 for monitoring and I use package temps for temps and for voltage I use the vcore readout from the motherboard I’ve used cinebench r23

5 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

Hw info 64 for monitoring and I use package temps for temps and for voltage I use the vcore readout from the motherboard I’ve used cinebench r23

Are you able to achieve 4.9GHz at stock BIOS settings without tweaking anything?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Are you able to achieve 4.9GHz at stock BIOS settings without tweaking anything?

For a very short period on p core 3 and them dips back to 4.4/4.3 but the package power or v core changes when it dips 

1 minute ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

For a very short period on p core 3 and them dips back to 4.4/4.3 but the package power or v core changes when it dips 

Do the vCore drop when p core 3 goes from 4.9 to 4.3-4.4GHz? Going off other threads you have, are these the same RAM sticks you have overclocked? 

Is LLC (load line calibration) set to on? I'm not sure about the exact settings for your particular motherboard. 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Do the vCore drop when p core 3 goes from 4.9 to 4.3-4.4GHz? Going off other threads you have, are these the same RAM sticks you have overclocked? 

Is LLC (load line calibration) set to on? I'm not sure about the exact settings for your particular motherboard. 

Yep they are and the v core drops by like 0.010

21 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

Yep they are and the v core drops by like 0.010

Hmm, it seems as if you would have to increase LLC. Since this is a locked processor (meaning you cannot overclock it), I don't think you can do that. 

8 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Hmm, it seems as if you would have to increase LLC. Since this is a locked processor (meaning you cannot overclock it), I don't think you can do that. 

I’m pretty sure the LLC is unlocked on this board there are some “unlocked” tuning features but not bclk tuning how much do you think I should try for LLC? Extreme? Turbo?

I’m pretty sure the LLC is unlocked on this board there are some “unlocked” tuning features but not bclk tuning how much do you think I should try for LLC? Extreme? Turbo?

Is there a manual adjustment for LLC (you input you're own voltage)? What motherboard are you running?

9 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Is there a manual adjustment for LLC (you input you're own voltage)? What motherboard are you running?

I’m running the gigabyte b660 gaming x ax with some custom vrm cooling

4 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

I’m running the gigabyte b660 gaming x ax with some custom vrm cooling

Ok this helps a lot. Is turbo boost technology set to Enabled instead of Auto? Do this for both Turbo Boost Technology and Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.

50 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Ok this helps a lot. Is turbo boost technology set to Enabled instead of Auto? Do this for both Turbo Boost Technology and Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.

It is set to auto should it be on the on setting? What does it do? On vs Auto that is Ik what turbo is lol

It is set to auto should it be on the on setting? What does it do? On vs Auto that is Ik what turbo is lol

It's set at auto by default. Auto is going to either enable or disable TBT. Enabling will just leave it on. 

11 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

It's set at auto by default. Auto is going to either enable or disable TBT. Enabling will just leave it on. 

Alright will do thank you!

@R3dbullDrinker

Most people do not realize that when you have a locked non K series CPU, the core C states must be enabled in the BIOS so Intel Turbo Boost works correctly.

20 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

@R3dbullDrinker

Most people do not realize that when you have a locked non K series CPU, the core C states must be enabled in the BIOS so Intel Turbo Boost works correctly.

It’s enabled

Hi guys an update from a few hours of testing I found 2 things to be the cause of my lack of performance and I would like to share my experience for others possibly having similar issues

1: set pl1 and pl2 to your max bios setting

2: download throttle stop and go tpl and make sure you select MMIO lock and not the sync MMIO 

3: make sure you have core ratio down bin enabled in your bios.

ENJOY!!!