AMD or Nvidia for recording/streaming

iLikeBananas

So I am considering upgrading my gpu and was wondering if I should go with AMD or Nvidia. Asking because I never owned a Nvidia card before. My first self build computer had a Radeon HD 6950 in it, I later upgraded to a Vega64. And that's what I am currently using. I was Toying with the idea of buying a RTX 3070 TI, but since I don't care about ray tracing I was wondering if I could get similar performance out of a AMD card for a cheaper price. My only question is, does going with AMD come with other drawbacks? Or am I missing out if I don't go with Nvidia? Here are the prices in my country:

3070 TI

2Jkxa1p.png

gQGXZpg.png

RX 6800

LB79x8t.png

RX 6800 XT

tkxOuXl.png

Budget (including currency): 690€ but the less I spend, the happier I am.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: playing mostly older games, cs:go, Mordhau, occasionally Darktide and Forza Horizon 5.

Other details: got two 1440p Monitors with 144hz.

Nvidia's NVENC encoder used to be significantly better than AMD's encoder but now they're pretty close with Nvidia still having a slight edge.

I am pretty sure that most people who are "serious" about recording/streaming (IE do it professionally) have a setup where encoding is handling on a CPU, with some of course even having a whole separate streaming PC to take the load off the PC running the game.

It kind of comes down to how "serious" you are about streaming/recording to decide how much that capability on the GPU matters to you versus other concerns like performance for money. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16