B550 vs X570 mobo for the same price.

I decided to change my mobo to one that has PCI gen 4 since i plan on using one of these, but got on a bit of a crossroad - for the same money i can get AsRock B550 Steel Legend or AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4. Both switch the 2nd PCIe x16 slot to x4 when the first one is at x16, so aside from the 2.5Gbps ethernet and the power delivery (10 vs 14 phase) Is there any other major difference and which one should i chose? Will be used with 5800X3D and for those wondering why i\d need 4 NVMe drives - got them at a wholesale from a closing down store (4x1TB PCIe gen4 NVMe drives for under $300) and i wanna get rid of all mechanical drives.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

8 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Both switch the 2nd PCIe x16 slot to x4 when the first one is at x16, so aside from the 2.5Gbps ethernet and the power delivery (10 vs 14 phase) Is there any other major difference and which one should i chose?

The power delivery is the main difference, the Steel Legend is miles better with power delivery. The Steel Legend does have some better features like a POST code for easier debugging as well as a better memory topology, though power delivery is the main difference. 

That said, what's your GPU plan for this? In order to use that card, it would have to be in the top PCIe slot, so your GPU would be stuck in the x4 PCIe slot which would severely hurt performance. You're probably better off trying to flip the 13600K and getting a Z690 board like the Z690-A Pro that has 4 NVMe slots right on board so you can get a full x16 slot for the GPU. 

GPU-wise i'm just waiting for the launch of the 7900XTX. Saw a few tests of the 6900XT in x4 mode and it loses about 10% performance at native 1440p, but as long as i'm above 165FPS for my monitor refresh rate or 90FPS for the Quest 2, i don't have a problem with that.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |