Choppy gameplay high frames (ALL GAMES)

Hello,

I'm really tired of trying to fix this issue and now I'm hoping someone in the community know what can cause this issue.

When I play any game the frames feels very choppy, not sure why but it started a few days ago. I'm gonna use Doom eternal to show some debugging since they have a nice performance overlay. Something I did notice is that it's not using all my gpu only around 20%. Also I got this `Desktop Window Manager` that uses anything between 2-40% when the system is running. Did talk to a friend and he was thinking the issue might be related to the gpu not clearing the buffer fast enough. Not sure how to check or fix this but might be good to share. Please check the attached pictures for some more info.

What I tried:

• Reinstall gpu drivers
  • Changed most settings in game

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H2
Installed on    ‎2021-‎09-‎15
OS build    19044.2251
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

GPU: RTX 3080

Driver Version: 31.0.15.2737
Driver date: 2022-11-26
DirectX version: 12 (FL 12.1)
Physical location: PCI bus 8, device 0, function 0
Hardware reserved memory: 173 MB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X

Any suggestions?

screenshot doom - taskmanager.png

20221207154515_1.jpg

Did you check if your monitor runs at it's native hz? in my experience if my monitor changes it's hz to something other than it's native hertz games feel very choppy

3 minutes ago, protocol17 said:

Did you check if your monitor runs at it's native hz? in my experience if my monitor changes it's hz to something other than it's native hertz games feel very choppy

Hello,

Got two 4k 144hz monitors and I've already tested on both and did not notice any difference 🙃

Black screen flash from drivers ? Choose the right optimal settings for ALL games in drivers, set particular game settings for this one in PROFILE.

You cannot cap FPS to anything lower than 144hz then, must have Enhanced Sync (AMD), Fast Sync (nVidia) setup in drivers and v-sync disabled in game.

If monitor is capable run with the Freesync/G-Sync on also, when you do, check that it is switched on in drivers also.

Make sure game has 144hz setting on or it will revert you to default hz on monitor. Game has max. FPS set to 144 also.