Did I brick my gpu?

I was taking out my HDD while watching a video on my pc, and it was working fine, but i then turned it off to test this other build and now I cant even boot my PC anymore, and the Debug led says its stuck on GPU. could unpluging my hdd brick my gpu after restarting? idk whats going on

You removed a plugged in drive from a running pc?

I mean yeah that can kill a psu or make it go in permanent safety.

You're lucky it only killed the GPU and not the CPU and the RAM as well.  Unplugging or plugging in anything while the main power switch is in the on position is not the thing to do by any means.  When plugging in or unplugging the power cord to any device causes a very fast momentary jolt to the system whatever system that may be.  That is why when you first turn on or turn off you computer the best thing you can do is for it to just sit there for a second or two before pulling the plug from the wall.

Another thing, make sure that whatever you're doing that you are properly grounded to avoid a static electrical discharge.  The shock caused by static electricity reveals how you can have more power at your fingertips than you ever imagined. Static electricity builds when electrons leap between two objects that have opposing electrical charges. A stunning handshake occurs when one person has a negative charge, and the other doesn't.

I hope this information helps, good luck in the future with whatever you plan to do.