Force Bios

Hello, I recently tried activating a setting in my Bios called "Chassis Intrusion". Now, every time I turn on the computer, it says

"The computer case is open. Please make sure the computer case is closed properly then press CTRL + ALT + DEL to continue. 

Fatal Error"

However, my case is completely closed, I double and triple checked. I tried multiple times to boot into bios, and it shows the "Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings" screen, but it never boots into bios, even with me spamming both buttons. I have an ami motherboard, with Asus Tuf Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4 ACPI BIOS, Revision 9901, installed. I was considering maybe removing my boot drive and attempting to force it into bios that way, but I didnt since I had no idea what would happen if I did, and I definately didn't want to break it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry if I didn't give enough information. (First time on forum, no idea what I'm doing)

15 minutes ago, JohnathanS said:

Hello, I recently tried activating a setting in my Bios called "Chassis Intrusion". Now, every time I turn on the computer, it says

"The computer case is open. Please make sure the computer case is closed properly then press CTRL + ALT + DEL to continue. 

Fatal Error"

However, my case is completely closed, I double and triple checked. I tried multiple times to boot into bios, and it shows the "Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings" screen, but it never boots into bios, even with me spamming both buttons. I have an ami motherboard, with Asus Tuf Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4 ACPI BIOS, Revision 9901, installed. I was considering maybe removing my boot drive and attempting to force it into bios that way, but I didnt since I had no idea what would happen if I did, and I definately didn't want to break it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry if I didn't give enough information. (First time on forum, no idea what I'm doing)

Tried CMOS reset yet ?
Page 1-16 of the motherboard manual
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1700/TUF_GAMING_Z690-PLUS_WIFI_D4/E19393_TUF_GAMING_Z690-PLUS_WIFI_D4_UM_V3_WEB.pdf

IIRC, chassis intrusion works by connecting a switch/sensor that is embedded in PC case chassis to the motherboard. Standard PC case doesn't have this.
So since there is no switch/sensor connected, your motherboard thinks chassis is open all the time.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

14 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

IIRC, chassis intrusion works by connecting a switch/sensor that is embedded in PC case chassis to the motherboard. Standard PC case doesn't have this.
So since there is no switch/sensor connected, your motherboard thinks chassis is open all the time.

This is correct.

Resetting CMOS is likely the best way around this, just don't ever enable that setting again, haha

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

18 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Tried CMOS reset yet ?
Page 1-16 of the motherboard manual
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1700/TUF_GAMING_Z690-PLUS_WIFI_D4/E19393_TUF_GAMING_Z690-PLUS_WIFI_D4_UM_V3_WEB.pdf

So since there is no switch connected, your motherboard thinks chassis is open all the time.

I completely forgot about CMOS, that worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

1 minute ago, JohnathanS said:

I completely forgot about CMOS, that worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

Don't forget to setup your BIOS settings to what you usually use, enable XMP, configure fan curve, etc.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.