IPFS + TRUENAS SCALE

dpasn

Heeey all, I am trying to run an IPFS node from my Truenas. Now the problem is that I try to install the application from the GUI, however it seems not to work due to the fact that I am forced to use ports >= 9000, while IPFS needs the ports 4001, 5001 and 8080. See picture below. It would be awesome if someone knows how to install IPFS on a truenas either via the GUI or even by doing it manually by making a new docker image. Thanks in advance! 

1373672829_0WorkloadConfiguration.thumb.png.219d0419d7d1debab4c28a97d02a4959.png

You should take this tot he truenas forums, if only so the developers see the deficiency in their implementation and could maybe change it. But the next Scale release, Bluefin, has a lot of container changes already and is in RC status.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

15 hours ago, dpasn said:

Heeey all, I am trying to run an IPFS node from my Truenas. Now the problem is that I try to install the application from the GUI, however it seems not to work due to the fact that I am forced to use ports >= 9000, while IPFS needs the ports 4001, 5001 and 8080. See picture below. It would be awesome if someone knows how to install IPFS on a truenas either via the GUI or even by doing it manually by making a new docker image. Thanks in advance! 

1373672829_0WorkloadConfiguration.thumb.png.219d0419d7d1debab4c28a97d02a4959.png

This is because it is kubernetes. You need to setup trafik to allow ingres to the cluster.