Thermaltake PCIe Riser Crashes Computer

prayshadow

Alright, here's my situation.  I recently bought some new parts so I could revamp my PC; I bought an ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4, a 13600K, I already had an 3080Ti FTW3, a 980 Pro 1TB, 32GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX @3000Mhz and it's all powered by an RM850x.  I bought a Thermaltake Core P3 TG, built it all, powered it up and installed windows.  I initially used the vertical GPU mount and the PCIe riser that was included with the case (I believe this is a Gen3 riser) and I was running into weird graphical issues and it would restart any time I tried to install graphics drivers or load browsers.  After some troubleshooting I determined the riser was the cause of my restarting by unplugging it and using the iGPU on the 13600.  After I did that everything worked perfectly.  My question is: are there other PCIe risers that will fit Thermaltake's mounting mechanism?  Do I need to find a Gen4 riser and will that really make a difference?  I tried to set the PCIe slots in BIOS to run in Gen3 mode but it made absolutely no difference at all, still restarting.  Only fix was removing the riser from the system completely.  I would like to use the vertical mount, but my Thermal Grizzly PCIe Gen4 riser does not fit the mounting on the case and is too long anyway...are there other options that will fit and won't cause my computer to restart?

You could RMA the riser, seems faulty, there's no reason the 3080Ti won't work on PCIe3 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones