thinkin about going small!

kinkywink

hey guys i recently built my computer in the massive 750D and was hoping to get into some custom water cooling but that doesnt seem like itll happen as i have a car now :S

anyway, im thinking about trading my 750D, msi g45 mobo and hyper212 evo for a nanoxia deep silience micro atx case, a gyphon micro atx mobo and something else (might be another hdd)

my problem is if itll be worth it

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

Worth what?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

hey guys i recently built my computer in the massive 750D and was hoping to get into some custom water cooling but that doesnt seem like itll happen as i have a car now :S

anyway, im thinking about trading my 750D, msi g45 mobo and hyper212 evo for a nanoxia deep silience micro atx case, a gyphon micro atx mobo and something else (might be another hdd)

my problem is if itll be worth it

OOOOOOOOOOH get the gryphon with armor its smexy

Worth what?

if the case for one is a good case (not many reviews and the size different doesnt seem to great) and just in general for practicality i suppose i dont really know :/

the dimensions for the nanoxia ds4 is 200*480*380 

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

OOOOOOOOOOH get the gryphon with armor its smexy

ill prob paint the armour a different colour :L if i do

Worth the change i expect

If that's the case, it depends on what the OP cares about and why he's trading in the first place.

if the case for one is a good case (not many reviews and the size different doesnt seem to great) and just in general for practicality i suppose i dont really know :/

the dimensions for the nanoxia ds4 is 200*480*380 

You'd get worse cooling and smaller size. That's about it. The case is fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

are people able to recommend some other micro atx cases?

If that's the case, it depends on what the OP cares about and why he's trading in the first place.

the 750d is massive, not very practical unless major watercooling but nontheless my car comes first :S i want a small case with the power it currently has so ill keep gpu and cpu but i just want a small case to go with it.. small but not too small that its hard to work with

Corsair 350D

i like it! still has some room for watercooling if needed :o

are people able to recommend some other micro atx cases?

There's the N200 and Arc Mini R2.

the 750d is massive, not very practical unless major watercooling but nontheless my car comes first :S i want a small case with the power it currently has so ill keep gpu and cpu but i just want a small case to go with it.. small but not too small that its hard to work with

Corsair 350D

The 350D is pretty big for matx. You might as well just get a mid tower in that case.

There's the N200 and Arc Mini R2.

The 350D is pretty big for matx. You might as well just get a mid tower in that case.

thats what im afriad of, i want a small matx :/ because if you think about it, the 750d isnt much bigger then most atx cases

thats what im afriad of, i want a small matx :/ because if you think about it, the 750d isnt much bigger then most atx cases

If you're really worried about size, then you could go with sg09/sg10 if you're willing to sacrifice water cooling.

Or TJ-08 e is also pretty good. Both are silverstone

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

If you're really worried about size, then you could go with sg09/sg10 if you're willing to sacrifice water cooling.

Or TJ-08 e is also pretty good. Both are silverstone

the tj08 is pretty good i like it :)

would it be viable to go for mini itx? if i want small? i dont want to go so small that cooling is stuffed up

To me, mATX is confused. It doesn't know whether to be small and be mITX, or to be big and be ATX. Are you running more than one graphics card, or plan to in the future? If not, you could go smaller than mATX.

the tj08 is pretty good i like it :)

would it be viable to go for mini itx? if i want small? i dont want to go so small that cooling is stuffed up

A good mitx case would be cubitek mini cube or mini ice. ADD: with the Mini Ice you could even go with a 140mm rad on the roof 

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

mini itx ain't so bad. well you can always go crazy and build your own case. I've tried it but it became ugly so I kinda dropped that project sadly.

Live your life like a dream.

mini itx ain't so bad. well you can always go crazy and build your own case. I've tried it but it became ugly so I kinda dropped that project sadly.

damn :o if i was watercooling id do the whole desk case thing but yer