looking for a capture card for nintendo switch

Azifal
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

HD60 should be fine, the switch cant output anything beyond 1080p either way.

having that said.. gaming trough a capture card isnt ideal, usually there's at least a few frames of latency in the chain (the card needs to receive the frame, whatever software needs to grab said frame, send it to your GPU, and your GPU needs to output that frame.)

it really depends what sort of games you're playing, and how much you mind the latency.

I looked around and watched LTT's video on the subject but are those still relevant now? I'm looking to buy an Elgato 4K60 Pro MK.2 or a Elgato HD60 S+, I don't stream but I tend to share screen with my friends on discord and would like to "play" with my switch on my pc so I can get to hear the games with my sound set up with hopefully has less delay has possible.

I have a budget of around 300~400 CAD$

capture cards in questions;

4k60 pro mk2

hd60 s+

English is not my main language so suwwy for any grammatical errors.

having that said.. gaming trough a capture card isnt ideal, usually there's at least a few frames of latency in the chain (the card needs to receive the frame, whatever software needs to grab said frame, send it to your GPU, and your GPU needs to output that frame.)

it really depends what sort of games you're playing, and how much you mind the latency.

7 hours ago, manikyath said:

I see thanks, I'm currently playing the new splatoon and tend to feel latency but I'll have to tolerate it since I really want to hear the game using the audio set up I got for my PC. cheers