Build Log 800Duh

crooked windows

Well I have proved you're never too old to start and after much help for some of yous I'm nearly finished.

Taken some time I know but keeping price down by buying some bits 2nd hand, gave me the opportunity to get some better stuff .  An Intel 520 180GB SSD off e-bay turned out to be DOA but thanks to their 5 year warrantee, Ive got it replaced

All that’s been bought new, has been the Mobo, OS7, 2TB HDD and GPU . was all going to be NEW  but New Zealand prices, suck.

I had a computer shop check the thing out as its my first build, plus I don’t have a fast enough connection to down load drivers etc. I’d made 1 mistake (so they say)  I’m now modding the “power on”  switch  as the corsair people make crap switches so I’ve discovered.

Also was to have a   be-quiet  850w  the company is sending it, so the old Zalman off e-bay will be powering the Xmas lights soon, well when it comes around. The only ?anable thing I have done is wack in a Lava Lamp  cheaper than UV LED strips  and looks nuts ….  (cant be seen when in room)

Box  :               corsair 800Dh *

Cooler :             coolermaster Seidon 240M (pull config) *

CPU :                   intel i5 3570 3.4GHz 1155

FANS:      1x          gelid Wing 14 UV Blue High Perform x1 @80cfm (intake),

1x         corsair sp120 x1  @ 37.85 cfm

1x         corsair sp140 x3  @ (intake)

GPU :                  asus G-force gtx 760 CUII

HDD :      2x          western  digital 2TB  Black WD2003FZEX

SSD :       2x          intel 520  180GB  (os7) & Samsung 840  120GB (flight sim)

Motherboard :      asus P8 Z77 pro

Optical:               asus DRW 24D3ST 24x SATA DVD

PSU :                  be quiet! 850W platinum *  :)

RAM :       2x      g Skill  8GB Trident-X 2400 *

Keyboard :         DSE ergo

Monitor :             philips 27in LED *

Mouse :                 corsair M65

Sound :                 TDK tremor S-150 *

J-Stick:                sytek Cyborg Wireless *

key pad            razer nostromos  *

Now all I have on my wish list is a white back-lit KB maybe a gaming keypad too.?

UPDATE:    replacing the zalman with a be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W soon

when things check out to be stable, I will spruce up the case and update the photos in about 2 weeks hopefully.

post-38602-0-01372900-1398991989.jpg

post-38602-0-19623900-1398992055_thumb.j

nice build, but why is your exhaust fan backwards?(or am i wrong)

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

#LavalampBuilds2014

Diamond 5 in League :)

10300679_10203765722374624_6990922483486

;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Haha, a Lavalamp in a PC, now I think I've seen everything. :D

Ummmmm, you may want to clean it up a bit.

I think the cables primarily stick out because of the coloured

wires (and maybe because the RAM is very noticeable on the M/B

due to the colour difference as well), not necessarily because

of how they're routed as far as I can tell. Making them less

conspicuous would probably require sleeving/custom cables, i.e.

putting more money into the build.

The GPU cable is pretty long, but I think it'll be hard to change

that, unless you mount the GPU in a lower PCI-E socket, but that

might look weird as well.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Haha, a Lavalamp in a PC, now I think I've seen everything. :D

I think the cables primarily stick out because of the coloured

wires (and maybe because the RAM is very noticeable on the M/B

due to the colour difference as well), not necessarily because

of how they're routed as far as I can tell. Making them less

conspicuous would probably require sleeving/custom cables, i.e.

putting more money into the build.

The GPU cable is pretty long, but I think it'll be hard to change

that, unless you mount the GPU in a lower PCI-E socket, but that

might look weird as well.

Ah, I see what you mean. It's a good point.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about late response but Im fighting the DDL3 curse (Dreaded Dial-up Latency 3rd world system)

and thanks for the comments and feed back too, really appreciate it. (please be aware I have run out of $$ for now)

Fan feedback -  2 fans that normally exhaust are flipped, Configured that way for positive pressure and also makes the Mobo 1°C cooler. (used an IR temp gun during test runs). If the CPU cooler fans fail, it will still work as this is the only exhaust area.

OK the Lava Lamp is :wacko: but the results are so much cooler than imagined.(and it was ¼ the cost of a LED light strips. My UV reactive case with UV tubes/fans is static, the Lava Lamp isn’t and is hidden out of site. When powered up you only see a gradual colour change (slow version of RGB LED strip) its not till it heats up do you notice the slow moving coloured lazer beams start moving around inside the case and walls.

Yeah the Wiring does need a clean up now I have it back and testing it , but I just had to get some photos up to show yous. The cable problem is with length as this is a 800D and the Zalman cables never knew cases would get so dam big. Solution is some bad ass custom cables.

The conundrum is do you take the shortest path and get those electron to home base as fast as possible (time is of the essence). Or reroute them the scenic way home and enjoy the view. Ah whos counting…

1st Sketch of air flow (volume, pressures, position, etc). Coolest air on Mobo>Heatsinks> then combined with lower 2 intake fans, although they are not connected directly to the dual rad,  they are in principle in push configuration assisting the 2 in pull. most of the heat comes from the CPU so its never in the case. The only mod is to duct the warm exhaust away from the top intake fan

2nd sheet with basic fan data for comparison

post-38602-0-89083800-1403656214.jpg

post-38602-0-15829900-1403656242.jpg

post-38602-0-89083800-1403656214.jpg

post-38602-0-15829900-1403656242.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

THE DARK POWER PRO 10 850W IS ON ITS WAY  . OK, I know ... be quiet! :lol: