Windows installation questions

Adit Gadkary

I wanted to install windows 7 . I have iso file and a pendrive but some say that u need to modify it to able to use usb 3.0 but is it possible to do the same after installation.and how can I ensure that all my driver's and cards will work on win 7 

Regards Adit 

The Windows 7 installer has no USB 3 support. So you'd need to install it using an USB 2 port, or you'd have to modify the installer before installation.

As long as the manufacturers of your hardware still have Windows 7 drivers, your hardware should work. You really shouldn't use Windows 7 anymore though, since support has ended, so it won't be getting any more security updates.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

50 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

The Windows 7 installer has no USB 3 support. So you'd need to install it using an USB 2 port, or you'd have to modify the installer before installation.

As long as the manufacturers of your hardware still have Windows 7 drivers, your hardware should work. You really shouldn't use Windows 7 anymore though, since support has ended, so it won't be getting any more security updates.

And what if i installed it using usb 2.0 and then can i install Usb 3.0 after installation? 

51 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

The Windows 7 installer has no USB 3 support. So you'd need to install it using an USB 2 port,

Edited by Adit Gadkary

1 hour ago, Adit Gadkary said:

And what if i installed it using usb 2.0 and then can i install Usb 3.0 after installation?

If the motherboard manufacturer still provides USB chipset drivers for Windows 7, then yes.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

57 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

If the motherboard manufacturer still provides USB chipset drivers for Windows 7, then yes.

Thx for the information. I have decided to install win 11 as it is safe and supported 

3 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

You really shouldn't use Windows 7 anymore though, since support has ended, so it won't be getting any more security updates.