Thermal Pads size

FinnOrbiS

I wanted to change the thermal pads of my GPU. But the problem is I can't find all the necessary sizes of pads. So If I put (1+0.5)mm instead of 1.5mm and (1+1+0.5)mm instead of 2.5mm, will there be a huge problem??

22 minutes ago, FinnOrbiS said:

I wanted to change the thermal pads of my GPU. But the problem is I can't find all the necessary sizes of pads. So If I put (1+0.5)mm instead of 1.5mm and (1+1+0.5)mm instead of 2.5mm, will there be a huge problem??

Mmm I don't think stacking them is a good idea, rather use 0.5 thicker ones they'd just get squished some more (and maybe they'll dissipate heat a bit worse but not that much)

But why can't you find the correct size are you in some godforsaken country (one where amazon don't ship 🙂 )?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

10 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Mmm I don't think stacking them is a good idea, rather use 0.5 thicker ones they'd just get squished some more (and maybe they'll dissipate heat a bit worse but not that much)

But why can't you find the correct size are you in some godforsaken country (one where amazon don't ship 🙂 )?

amazon does ship in my country but it will be a month of waiting. And I don't have that much patience 🤦‍♂️