CPU Overclocking - Voltage Offset

Hey guys

I've overclocked my CPU about a week ago, and for that I've set my CPU voltage to manual at 1.2V. I didnt changed that after stress testing, but Ive heard of the voltage offset mode.

But theres my problem :D I dont understand the offset mode. I tried it once and i got really hot temps so i changed it back to manual.

My cpu is running at 4.3Ghz now with a manual V of 1.2V. Would it be better to change it to offset mode?

Thanks for your answers

No it's always better to manually adjust voltages so that you have control and you can be more precise with your over clocks.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

The offset is a calculate voltage for you but if you overclock its better do to manual that keeps your voltage constantly the same the offset changes it when its on idle or high load or etc.

How would an offset voltage work? I've read that the +/- voltage gets multiplied by the cpu multiplier? Is that true? How could I get around the same CPU voltage for my CPU (now manual set to 1.21V) with offset? How is it possible that a -offset works?